Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: antifoul,which one

Have tried them all over the years Red/Blue/Green etc etc, hard soft ,the results varied, some years as clean as whistle others, weed/slime/tiny coral type growth/barnycules, pick your mix.
    Best stuff was 20litres of something red,industrial and deadly, liberated from a now defunk barge repair yard.
    Some years the bottom of the boat looked like an explosion in paint factory, when running out of A/F.
    Following year, difficult to detect any difference what so ever between the brands..

Roy, I had great success with International Micron Extra 2, less so with Trilux 33 as the pic shows.

Unfortunately Micron Extra 2 is no longer available and has been replaced with Micron 350. That is what I will be going for. It lacks the so called "Biolux technology" of Micron Extra 2 but a call to their tech team says it works better. Whereas they would say that they also admitted their Trilux 33 wasn't brilliant for barnacles as I have also found out. So they seem fairly honest about it.

Well I suppose it depends where you are ,also Bruce does it make a difference if fibreglass or alloy ,wished I had never asked now

Not sure what you mean Roy. Trilux 33 is for aluminium / stern gear. It is an ablative and works well below the cavitation plates but without any biocide is terrible above them. Micron is good for fiberglass. It is self eroding and works very well at sub 25knt speeds. I usually travel at those and slightly above speeds and mine has lasted me two years with still plenty on. Micron 350 will continue to self erode even in the marina. However I have yet to put it on myself, it replaces my Micron Extra 2

I’ve used Hempel Tiger Extra the last couple of years and found when lifted out after a year in the water there is just a little bit of slime on the bottom which washes off no problem.

Micron 350 for me as it is the replacement for the now defunct Micron 77 which was excellent for us in the SofF and lasted the full advertised 2 years with very little growth.

I have had the same results as Dazzajohn with Tiger Xtra in black , great value at 65 ,

Cheers
    Tetleys

The only white I've found that works, not going that greeny/blue, is Seajet Emperor. Fab stuff and worth the extra 30 more.

Been doing Tiger this morning as the customer likes it but it does turn bluish from the copper.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12