Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Default Yacht delivery Co's and Engines?

Do all yacht delivery companies insist on a working engine?
    Well-found fully equipped yacht, 36 hr passage, no awkward bits at either end, well-trodden route, me plus two of them. Totally flexible on timing, according to weather.
    But the engine is seized up.
    To save my and their time with fruitless phone calls...does anyone here reckon the lack of engine would mean a no-no for professional crew to be involved?
    The actual sailing isn't remotely difficult.
    Are modern delivery crews actually able to sail without diesel engines, or is it asking too much? Maybe some insurance problem?
    Thanks for up to date info, especially from delivery co's. ( From whom a "yes, in principle we would be up for it" would be very welcome...)
    Thanks for suggestions, it would be my first ever time to employ somebody on a yacht delivery, rather than crewing on one..
    Ignorance killed the cat. Curiosity was framed.

Default Re: Yacht delivery Co's and Engines?

Quote Originally Posted by Ladybirdgaffcutter View Post
    Well-found fully equipped yacht, 36 hr passage, no awkward bits at either end, well-trodden route, me plus two of them. Totally flexible on timing, according to weather.
    To save my and their time with fruitless phone calls...does anyone here reckon the lack of engine would mean a no-no for professional crew to be involved?
    Are modern delivery crews actually able to sail without diesel engines, or is it asking too much? Maybe some insurance problem?
    Thanks for up to date info, especially from delivery co's. ( From whom a "yes, in principle we would be up for it" would be very welcome...)
    Thanks for suggestions, it would be my first ever time to employ somebody on a yacht delivery, rather than crewing on one..
    You need a price on what ever you are selling
    Brexit: ‘taking back’ what we had never lost, in order to lose everything we had...

Quote Originally Posted by sailorman View Post
    You need a price on what ever you are selling
    Ha ha I meant to put it in scuttlebutt..

The North West, either England, Wales or France

I think you will find a delivery skipper who will take an engineless boat....for the right price. PM me if you would like further details😉

Quote Originally Posted by Quiddle View Post
    I think you will find a delivery skipper who will take an engineless boat....for the right price. PM me if you would like further details��
    Ok I'll pm you later.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladybirdgaffcutter View Post
    What are the details, boat, from where to, anything else relevant?

Perhaps PM Halcyon Yachts, who's a member here?

My first action on any strange boat is to wander round looking at the safety equipment, including lifelines and attachment points. I appreciate that an engine is an auxiliary on a sailing boat, but I'd want a working one if I was to skipper such a vessel. I might still sail if I know the owner and he/she was to be the skipper.
    Grow old disgracefully, it's more fun

On safety and insurance grounds it might be a no no. Is it a quick hop or overnighters with requirements for lights? How do you charge batteries? Do you have solar or wind power? Suppose you are becalmed and you have no means of propulsion in collision situation?
    As others say I suppose there is a price for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by alant View Post
    What are the details, boat, from where to, anything else relevant?
    S.Norway to the Tyne, heavy but fast gaff cutter. If you are interested, you can ask on Weds when hopefully we'll meet up in So'ton.
    I don't really fancy typing out every tiny detail on here, I was just asking about the engine really...

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast