Thumbs down Thieves are about!

CDYC yachts been broken into at the Pill and engines stolen 2 so far known. one Punt

Mindless morons who wrecked and damaged hatches.Oh how I would like to catch them! they would have a tough time getting out of the muddy water!
    Last edited by TOKOLOSHI; 13-02-19 at 17:19.

Default Re: Thieves are about!

Quote Originally Posted by TOKOLOSHI View Post
    CDYC yachts been broken into at the Pill and engines stolen 2 so far known. one Punt

Mindless morons who wrecked and damaged hatches.Oh how I would like to catch them! they would have a tough time getting out of the muddy water!
    Time for CCTV?
    I'd rather be naked
    www.mastaclimba.com

Quote Originally Posted by Graham_Wright View Post
    Time for CCTV?
    Being discussed!
    I`m for removing all Punts and dinghy`s access by inflatables that can be locked away!

Think this happened about this time last year, with chaps on buoys in the Wye (iirc) having their outboards looted. Probably the same scum.
    YouTube: Gorjus Boating
    Boat: Sealine 195

Boat jumble time? Scumbags often nick stuff and sell it at boat jumbles. I think there's one coming up soon.

A few years ago we had hassle from a bunch of scum kids, breaking into boats causing damage, stealing things like torches and binoculars, they also threw a friends' portable generator over the side.

I'd already confronted and photographed them ( maybe something to be wary of nowadays ) and we knew who they were, from the local council estate.

It came to a satisfactory conclusion when the ringleader tried walking out over the soft mud and got stuck, requiring rescue; the photo of his footprints in the mud towards a moored boat made the national press.

We made it obvious we now had their photo's and ID's legally, end of problem; though in a perfect world he'd still be in the mud with a buoy tied on as a racing mark.
    Anderson 22 Owners Association - For info please ask here or PM me.

I feel enraged by this type of crime. It creates an enduring anxiety for the victims and their community. This is not a petty crime at all in my view. Unfortunately even if the perpetrators were brought to justice they would only receive the lightest of "punishments". They can act with impunity, and they know it.

A similar incident happened a few years ago when boats on my former trot mooring where targeted in Plymouth. During the course of their activities the thieves were disturbed by the MOD who were patrolling in a rib. The criminals decided to make a getaway with the MOD chasing them across Plymouth Sound. During the chase the thieves were seen to be throwing their booty over the side of their boot. Inevitably they were caught and charged. Police divers were employed to locate the stolen items from the sea bed which were later used as evidence for the prosecution. The two criminals received a community sentence, a hundred hours, I believe. They should have spent some time in the stocks as far as I'm concerned.

You have my complete sympathy. Let's hope you can enjoy a great season down there at the Pill, it's a lovely spot.