Thread: Day Boat Hire

Default Day Boat Hire

Hello, I normally hang out on the motor boat forum but I am visiting the Thames forum for a bit of help on Thames boating.

I want to hire a day boat to take 3 mates for a bit of a cruise on the Thames. I have googled it and got the famous boat yards, Caversham, Kris, Hobbs, etc but my experience at sea locations in Europe and the USA is that if you turn up at a marina you can often find day boat hire firms that don't have websites or just never came up on google when I looked.

Is it the same on the Thames? Does anyone know of any small firms that hire day boats that just don't come up on google?

Or anyone who would let 4 blokes in their late 50s, two of whom are very experienced boaters, hire a small boat for the day?

Ideally in the Wallingford to Henley stretch.

Default Re: Day Boat Hire

Google SRB moorings. They have some day boats based at Henley a short Walk from the station.

Good service and comfy boats.

https://www.hobbsofhenley.com/boat-hire-rental-henley

Admittedly they would turn up on Google, but just in case.

I've hired a day boat from the Beatle and Wedge before in Moulsford run by AV Boats http://www.avboats.co.uk/private-hire/; I like the one from the beetle and wedge as its electric and nice and quiet, and I've seen the pub by the bridge in Wallingford have boat hire.

The Beetle and Wedge can also do a nice lunch which I've used before and it's been great.

Thanks
    Liam

Thank you all for your replies. Really helpful. I have another question but I see if I can get google to answer it first!

Hobbs probably have the best fleet on the river. Ask them for an Antaris or an Olympic Class.

You could also try Henley Sales & Charter