Default Landing at Mistley or Manningtree?

Hi folks

I know there have been problems with the Quay at Mistley, so I was wondering if it's possible to tie up or land their yet, or whether it's better to go to Manningtree.

I'm thinking about taking the flood from Shotley up the river, tie up for a few hours for lunch and then take the ebb back.

Thoughts? And any recommendations of good pubs for lunch?

Thanks

David
    Someone more informed will come along any minute

Default Re: Landing at Mistley or Manningtree?

Manningtree Pubs... The Crown. There is also an excellent Indian restaurant and Italian place too.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese. -- Steven Wright

Hi,

I've not been to Mistley all winter, but would expect to find the latest on the Quay issues here:

http://www.freethequay.org/

However the absence of updates since the Appeal Court's rejection of T.W. Logistics' appeal suggests to me that they are digging their heels in and have not removed the fence. There are a couple of phone numbers on the site which may be a source of better information or you might like to try calling T W Logistics.

Peter.

afraid I don't know the address of the chaps concerned but if you can track them down they might offer a north of the estuary service:

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/kent/ne...er-200-a41035/

;-)

Quote Originally Posted by RivalRedwing View Post
    afraid I don't know the address of the chaps concerned but if you can track them down they might offer a north of the estuary service:

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/kent/ne...er-200-a41035/

;-)
    That's a weird one. Calmly unbolting 200 posts in two sessions when security are on site! It crossed my mind that if the fence was not very old perhaps the organisation that commissioned the fence was being a bad payer and the supplier repossessed their products. More entertaining an idea than blaming the usual suspects anyway
    De'il ding a divot auf yer wame wi a flaughter spade

Quote Originally Posted by Rum Run View Post
    That's a weird one. Calmly unbolting 200 posts in two sessions when security are on site! It crossed my mind that if the fence was not very old perhaps the organisation that commissioned the fence was being a bad payer and the supplier repossessed their products. More entertaining an idea than blaming the usual suspects anyway
    Interesting to note that the new fence has been soldered into position. I've not seen that fixing technique before.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Tribe View Post
    Interesting to note that the new fence has been soldered into position. I've not seen that fixing technique before.
    Quite a brazen act, imo

Quote Originally Posted by Old Harry View Post
    Quite a brazen act, imo
    Keep up to date with 'East Coast Pilot' at www.eastcoastpilot.com