Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Default Re: Anyone else beginning to panic as to where to winter, 2019/20 if no deal Bre><it.

Quote Originally Posted by skipper_stu View Post
    Go to Portugal, get temporary residence for 5 years for €15 and you can stay as long as you like
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiddle View Post
    Is it really that simple?
    Quote Originally Posted by nortada View Post
    Yes✔️
    Brilliant so I can fly in, thinking about it I can drive from here, and pay my £15 and get temporary residence for 5 years - brilliant, will be back in Spain late that evening. Can you tell me where I go, some where close to the Spanish border would be good.

Default Re: Anyone else beginning to panic as to where to winter, 2019/20 if no deal Bre><it.

Quote Originally Posted by jordanbasset View Post
    Brilliant so I can fly in, thinking about it I can drive from here, and pay my £15 and get temporary residence for 5 years - brilliant, will be back in Spain late that evening. Can you tell me where I go, some where close to the Spanish border would be good.
    Welcome to this thread; do I detect a hint of disbelief?
    🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿Neither a Remainer or a Leaver be. Hoping for the best but planning for the worst✔️

Quote Originally Posted by nortada View Post
    Welcome to this thread; do I detect a hint of disbelief?
    Just a modicum, but if it really is the case that I just turn up and pay my £15 and get temporary residence for 5 years then millions in the UK would be interested.
    What we do know is that temporary residence in one country does not give you unlimited free movement across the rest of Schengen, as we have discussed before.
    Last edited by jordanbasset; 06-03-19 at 07:45.

At £15 per country, it would worth doing most of the Med ones though. 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Garold View Post
    At £15 per country, it would worth doing most of the Med ones though. ��

Quote Originally Posted by jordanbasset View Post
    Just a modicum, but if it really is the case that I just turn up and pay my £15 and get temporary residence for 5 years then millions in the UK would be interested.
    What we do know is that temporary residence in one country does not give you unlimited free movement across the rest of Schengen, as we have discussed before.
    Only slight problem with flying visit is the need for an address which can be a marina, boatyard or apartment rental agreement.

"Anyone else beginning to panic ..."

I never panic, although I do have a highly-developed sense of urgency ........
    " Brexit is like watching a library being burned down by people who can't read"

Quote Originally Posted by Graham376 View Post
    Only slight problem with flying visit is the need for an address which can be a marina, boatyard or apartment rental agreement.
    Ah, thanks, so not as simple as was thought, in fact pretty much the same as countries across europe

Thumbs up Re: Anyone else beginning to panic as to where to winter, 2019/20 if no deal Bre><it.

Depends how you define simple.

If you are looking for a quick fix and are rumbled by the Camara, it could go from simple to impossible very quickly.

However, if you play by the rules and establish a residential address (short term let) or bring your own address with you (boat or motor home) - simple.
    Last edited by nortada; 06-03-19 at 13:53.

On the Portuguese residency card does it say you country of origin ie UK? And does it also say something like EU member?

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast