Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Default Re: Anyone else beginning to panic as to where to winter, 2019/20 if no deal Bre><it.

Quote Originally Posted by One A. View Post
    On the Portuguese residency card does it say you country of origin ie UK? And does it also say something like EU member?
    It says Nationality UK & Permanent Citizen of the European Union. Told this isn't a problem after we leave as residence status will remain.

Default Re: Anyone else beginning to panic as to where to winter, 2019/20 if no deal Bre><it.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham376 View Post
    It says Nationality UK & Permanent Citizen of the European Union. Told this isn't a problem after we leave as residence status will remain.
    OK thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by davethedog View Post
    How? Do you lose any Uk rights etc, eg healthcare
    You lose your UK healthcare rights of you are out f the country for more than 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven Spades View Post
    You lose your UK healthcare rights of you are out f the country for more than 3 months.
    I'm happy to report that that's old news. It used to be the case that there was such an arbitrary limit with doubtful legal support. (I think it's variously been three and six months). The test now is "ordinarily resident".

This link takes you to the actual test used by Dept of Health staff to determine such status and thus eligibility for free NHS care: https://assets.publishing.service.go...dence_tool.pdf

Note in particular: "a person can be ordinarily resident from the first day they arrive in the UK if they have genuinely come to settle for the time being."

And: "not having a settled home here does not necessarily mean a person is not ordinarily resident."

And: "Temporary or occasional absences from the UK will not prevent a person from being ordinarily resident, including extended or regular periods of travel for pleasure."
    (My bolds)
    All epigrams are false

Thanks For that MacD,
    a most useful read that I shall engrave into marble so I can slap the self important GP who kicked me off his register and then told me he was chair of the complaints board if I wanted to do anything about it.
    <evil grin>
    ;-)
    www.yangosat.com
    Email and Satellite Hardware and Airtime provider

Quote Originally Posted by skipper_stu View Post
    Go to Portugal, get temporary residence for 5 years for 15 and you can stay as long as you like
    So does Portuguese Temporary Residency Allow you unlimited access to other European countries as well?

Quote Originally Posted by UFO-0 View Post
    So does Portuguese Temporary Residency Allow you unlimited access to other European countries as well?
    From everything published so far, no it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham376 View Post
    From everything published so far, no it doesn't.
    Exactly so, in the event of a no-deal Brexit. This has been clear since the agreement on the 'divorce' phase in late '2017. British nationals will be limited to 90 days in 180 in the EU27 block of countries, except the Republic of Ireland and the one in which they are formally resident. (The former though arrangements which long pre-date the EU, which both Ireland and the UK have stated will persist "in all circumstances".)
    All epigrams are false

Quote Originally Posted by macd View Post
    Exactly so, in the event of a no-deal Brexit. This has been clear since the agreement on the 'divorce' phase in late '2017. British nationals will be limited to 90 days in 180 in the EU27 block of countries, except the Republic of Ireland and the one in which they are formally resident. (The former though arrangements which long pre-date the EU, which both Ireland and the UK have stated will persist "in all circumstances".)
    This is my understanding but having recently met a Brit sailor, who has residency in Portugal, Spain, France and Greece, understand it is possible to get residency in more than one EU country at the same time.
    🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿Neither a Remainer or a Leaver be. Hoping for the best but planning for the worst✔️

Quote Originally Posted by nortada View Post
    This is my understanding but having recently met a Brit sailor, who has residency in Portugal, Spain, France and Greece, understand it is possible to get residency in more than one EU country at the same time.
    Did the 'Brit sailor' say where he was tax resident?

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast