Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Sunseeker Hawk 38

Quote Originally Posted by Portofino View Post
    Me too , they say they have extensively “studied the market “ of potential customers.
    They have not said anything about that profile .
    That is a way of saying that the center console outboard market is growing so much (its huge currently in the US currently having about 70% share sub fifty feet), that lets have a shot at this and see what happens

Azimut is also launching a new Verve 47 which looks interesting. To be fair to to Azimut Atlantis they have been in this with the Verve 36 since 2009.
    First with stern drives, then OB, then a 40 and now this.
    https://www.azimutyachts.com/azimutverve47.html

Quote Originally Posted by PowerYachtBlog View Post
    That is a way of saying that the center console outboard market is growing so much (its huge currently in the US currently having about 70% share sub fifty feet), that lets have a shot at this and see what happens [/url]
    Gotcha

Yes it will fit on a trailer over there ,like a Donzi or sit at the bottom of garden in FL on a boat lift .

I was wearing a Med villa owners hat .

I guess there’s some middle ground as 60 knots isn’t,t gonna impress the rest of the fleet that turn up to a poker run, with fancy throttle levers ( triples) and seats for 100 + knots .

Anyhow best of luck to them .

Gotcha

Yes it will fit on a trailer over there ,like a Donzi or sit at the bottom of garden in FL on a boat lift .

I was wearing a Med villa owners hat .

I guess there’s some middle ground as 60 knots isn’t,t gonna impress the rest of the fleet that turn up to a poker run, with fancy throttle levers ( triples) and seats for 100 + knots .

Anyhow best of luck to them .
    The SS is impressive for what it is, a fast luxury day boat. I doubt many "poker run" 100mph boats have a double berth, galley and heads. Also the SS shown has the base engine option so much faster is possible if that is actually required.

Quote Originally Posted by MrB View Post
    The SS is impressive for what it is, a fast luxury day boat. I doubt many "poker run" 100mph boats have a double berth, galley and heads. Also the SS shown has the base engine option so much faster is possible if that is actually required.
    The one thing that is missing from all of this is the price, Be interesting to see and compare with a boat direct from the FB stable which after all it is really ,

Would not personally say its luxury or impressive, It sort of has a bathing platform that is rather hard to use for a start. For me it just does not work. What market is it really aimed at ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian h View Post
    What market is it really aimed at ?
    +1
    Yes I,am getting the feeling from the responses so far folks think you can stick a Sunseeker label on a bag of sand and successfully sell it to the Arabs

@ Mr B there’s plenty of big open American muscle boats poker runners or not with overnight accommodation.

+1
    Yes I,am getting the feeling from the responses so far folks think you can stick a Sunseeker label on a bag of sand and successfully sell it to the Arabs

@ Mr B there’s plenty of big open American muscle boats poker runners or not with overnight accommodation.
    Surely aimed at Sunseeker owners as were their earlier fast runabouts ie XS2000

Quote Originally Posted by MrB View Post
    I don't think the S/S has any berths or a galley either, just a bog.

Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    Well if that’s the case , here’s the daddy , listen out for the practicality/ useage “ pulling up at a sand bar “ etc

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IM3Ligs7ASI

Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    No you're right Pete, I was thinking of another boat in another thread. I stand corrected. (the R35 you identified in Nigels thread).

I guess there’s some middle ground as 60 knots isn’t,t gonna impress the rest of the fleet that turn up to a poker run, with fancy throttle levers ( triples) and seats for 100 + knots.
    Have you ever helmed a boat in a combination of speed and sea conditions that makes the whole boat jump out of the water, occasionally?
    If not, trust me, it doesn't take a triple digit speed by any stretch of imagination, to require things like bolster seats and separate levers.
    A bit of ferry wake on the lake was more than enough to get airborne, anywhere between 40 and 60kts, with my old Fountain.
    And to handle that without risking to blow the outdrive, separate throttle/gear levers are very far from being "fancy": essential is more like it.
    Either that or pedal throttle, but that's for even more peculiar boats.

Anyhow, my point was not related to the target clients of those boats - whoever they are.
    It's the competence of the builder (lack of, that is) I was arguing about.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast