Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: Sunseeker Hawk 38

Why isn’t a modern ECU able to figure out “Err, I think we’ve become airborne because the revs are rising and the engines aren’t pushing against anything” ... then throttle back a bit?

Quote Originally Posted by FlowerPower View Post
    Why isn’t a modern ECU able to figure out “Err, I think we’ve become airborne because the revs are rising and the engines aren’t pushing against anything” ... then throttle back a bit?
    I think they do recognise things are not as they should be BUT they are not able to work it out correctly and strange things happen. I.E they back off but do not pick up again when the boat is back in the water.
    Too sophisticated for the application

Quote Originally Posted by Ian h View Post
    Too sophisticated for the application
    Spot on.
    In fact, re-hammering the throttles upon re-enter is as important as releasing them upon take-off, in order to preserve the transmissions.
    It's actually a tricky job also for the throttleman: not all of them are equally good at that!

What do you think of this then chaps....

Tweet: https://twitter.com/Sunseeker_Intl/s...535188480?s=09

Would be interesting to see it in a chop / at sea (instead of on a lake).
    Last edited by petem; 20-03-19 at 16:12.

Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    What do you think of this then chaps....

Tweet: https://twitter.com/Sunseeker_Intl/s...535188480?s=09

Would be interesting to see it in a chop / at sea (instead of on a lake).
    You can find out in the June issue of MBY. That chap sitting next to Fabio Buzzi looks strangely familiar...

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Andreae View Post
    You can find out in the June issue of MBY. That chap sitting next to Fabio Buzzi looks strangely familiar...
    Jammy so-and-so whoever it is.

Quote Originally Posted by EME View Post
    Jammy so-and-so whoever it is.
    I've had worse days!

Although my eyeballs took a bit of a beating at 68 knots with no windscreen to deflect the wind blast.

To my mind the brochure Hawk says "Superyacht Tender". Above the topsides it looks very different to the mule in the twitter clip. The latter looks massive fun for speed enthusiasts, but uncomfortable and too basic in detailing for a superyacht tender.

I can't imagine anyone wants any guests that they actually quite like to arrive crying and in urgent need of a hairdresser and, on the other hand, the market for people who want to pay their own money to blast up and down a lake must be a bit limited.

I fear it's destined for the fate of so many prototypes: never to be seen again.

Quote Originally Posted by benjenbav View Post
    To my mind the brochure Hawk says "Superyacht Tender". Above the topsides it looks very different to the mule in the twitter clip. The latter looks massive fun for speed enthusiasts, but uncomfortable and too basic in detailing for a superyacht tender.

I can't imagine anyone wants any guests that they actually quite like to arrive crying and in urgent need of a hairdresser and, on the other hand, the market for people who want to pay their own money to blast up and down a lake must be a bit limited.

I fear it's destined for the fate of so many prototypes: never to be seen again.
    The prototype in the video is purely a test hull and deck without the windscreen, hard top or any of the other fittings (bar the four suspension seats) that will be standard on the finished boat.

As such it's quite a bit lighter and faster than the production boat but should still give a a good indication of how it rides and handles.

It just looks like the XS2000 with outboards?!

Early days but I was expecting something more from these chaps ?

Given the huge and varied choice from US walk arounds with a billion outboards to the very clever Italian day boats that are more like transformers this looks, well dare I say it. A little bit boring ??

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast