Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: Sunseeker Hawk 38

I’m not sure I’d describe a boat capable of 68kts as “boring”.
    Maybe the finished product will have more features of interest?

Quote Originally Posted by Time Out View Post
    It just looks like the XS2000 with outboards?!
    It seems to me that it took even less effort, to design that thing.
    White rather than grey gelcoat, a simpler superstructure, job done...

PS: as an aside, welcome to Lake Como, where the general speed limit is 27kts!

Quote Originally Posted by FlowerPower View Post
    I’m not sure I’d describe a boat capable of 68kts as “boring”.
    Maybe the finished product will have more features of interest?
    Even the rendering does not offer up too much in the way of wow factor?

This would get lost in the line up in Cannes compared to other offerings.

My opinion of course !

I like it, of course I like it BUT its lacking serious wow / cool credentials

Even the rendering does not offer up too much in the way of wow factor?

This would get lost in the line up in Cannes compared to other offerings.

My opinion of course !

+ 1 that’s been exactly what I have been saying further up ^^^ .

Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    Would be interesting to see it in a chop / at sea (instead of on a lake).
    Quote Originally Posted by benjenbav View Post
    the market for people who want to pay their own money to blast up and down a lake must be a bit limited.
    Given the huge and varied choice from US walk arounds with a billion outboards to the very clever Italian day boats that are more like transformers this looks, well dare I say it. A little bit boring ??
    It seems to me that most of you folks are not fully aware of what FB boats are all about.
    Make no mistake, my previous post where I sort of dismissed the novelty of this thing (as far as the S/skr version is concerned) was not meant to say that she's just another fast boat with big outboards - far from it.
    The FB 38' stab is a legendary boat, built to go fast in conditions where the only question is whether the helmsman has the guts to keep going.
    Unsinkable, self righting (in its MIL-spec versions), capable to stuff its bow straight into a big wave and survive unaffected... The list goes on.

Now, whether the potential clients will be able to appreciate all that, or are just interested in an open boat with a large sunpad, capable of cruising in the mid 30s with a decent comfort (now, isn't THAT boring?!), well, I sincerely don't know.
    But an ordinary boat is precisely what an FB 38 is not, by any stretch of imagination.

If anyone is interested to understand a bit better what make FB boats stand out, the following video gives a pretty good idea, even if mostly focused on a larger model - the building philosophy remains exactly the same throughout their whole range.

Quote Originally Posted by MapisM View Post
    It seems to me that most of you folks are not fully aware of what FB boats are all about.
    Make no mistake, my previous post where I sort of dismissed the novelty of this thing (as far as the S/skr version is concerned) was not meant to say that she's just another fast boat with big outboards - far from it.
    The FB 38' stab is a legendary boat, built to go fast in conditions where the only question is whether the helmsman has the guts to keep going.
    Unsinkable, self righting (in its MIL-spec versions), capable to stuff its bow straight into a big wave and survive unaffected... The list goes on.

Now, whether the potential clients will be able to appreciate all that, or are just interested in an open boat with a large sunpad, capable of cruising in the mid 30s with a decent comfort (now, isn't THAT boring?!), well, I sincerely don't know.
    But an ordinary boat is precisely what an FB 38 is not, by any stretch of imagination.

If anyone is interested to understand a bit better what make FB boats stand out, the following video gives a pretty good idea, even if mostly focused on a larger model - the building philosophy remains exactly the same throughout their whole range.
    Fully aware which strengthens my argument about it being a modern-day XS2000

Fully aware which strengthens my argument about it being a modern-day XS2000
    That's what I said I thought it looked like in post #2

Quote Originally Posted by MrB View Post
    That's what I said I thought it looked like in post #2
    Christ you donít expect me to read it from the beginning

Quote Originally Posted by MapisM View Post

Are you saying that the Sunseeker Hawk is a Fabio Buzzi hull with a bit of sparkly gelcoat and a different badge - like an Aston Martin Cygnet? In which case, presumably it'll get priced at twice what it's worth and no-one will buy it anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by benjenbav View Post
    Are you saying that the Sunseeker Hawk is a Fabio Buzzi hull with a bit of sparkly gelcoat and a different badge - like an Aston Martin Cygnet? In which case, presumably it'll get priced at twice what it's worth and no-one will buy it anyway?
    Like an XS2000

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast