Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 64
  1. #41
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    ation, Loc: ation, Loc: ation.
    Posts
    15,573

    Default Re: Sunseeker Hawk 38

    Quote Originally Posted by MapisM View Post
    Unsinkable, self righting (in its MIL-spec versions), capable to stuff its bow straight into a big wave and survive unaffected... The list goes on.
    P, have you got any videos to demonstrate this? I'll be interested to see how this works in a S/S blinged up / bow rider variant.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    ation, Loc: ation, Loc: ation.
    Posts
    15,573

    Default Re: Sunseeker Hawk 38

    Quote Originally Posted by Time Out View Post
    Like an XS2000
    +1 - rather an irrelevance to be honest.

    It just doesn't feel like it has any Superhawk DNA in it.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Reading
    Posts
    520

    Default Re: Sunseeker Hawk 38

    Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    +1 - rather an irrelevance to be honest.

    It just doesn't feel like it has any Superhawk DNA in it.
    Pete exactly what I said in original post at start

  4. #44
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    ation, Loc: ation, Loc: ation.
    Posts
    15,573

    Default Re: Sunseeker Hawk 38

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian h View Post
    Pete exactly what I said in original post at start
    Indeed! Nobody minds an FB (or Mancini or Olensinski or whatever) design but to take a hull "off the shelf" as they seem to have done here feels like cheating to me.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Boat- SoF
    Posts
    4,744

    Default Re: Sunseeker Hawk 38

    Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    Indeed! Nobody minds an FB (or Mancini or Olensinski or whatever) design but to take a hull "off the shelf" as they seem to have done here feels like cheating to me.
    Yeh it goes on “ cheating “

    Bingo Pete “off the self “
    I,am very close to an architect ( sibling ) who informs me doe eyed couples rock up with visions of there “ unique “ dream house .
    The sketches are discussed the ideas listened to etc etc .
    As soon as there backs are turned in fact before they reached the street a click of the computer up comes a prepacked template and with a bit of mousing using CAD , the “ unique “ design is done .
    So FB boats share the same features as we see here v similar to the xs2000 , he’s just widened it and added a foot or so between the air steps and subbed the arse for a outboard wells .
    Before computers they just pulled a drawing out of a draw when the client left .
    Feels like FB has done that .
    Why does he not risk building it under his own name ?

    If Sunseeker are in collusion then the R+D has cost 0.4 pence .
    Hugo’s lake trip comes out of the marketing dept .
    I bet they spend more on marketing than R+D it’s feeling that way .

    Problem is we as a forum whinge at the big U.K. three for forgetting the starter / sub 35 ft range and ironically when they attempt to pamper to this supposedly loss making size we slag them off .

    So welcome Princess R 35 and SS Hawk 38 .

    Maybe we are in a different age demographic to the “ market researched “ target buyers so we can’t see it .

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Boat- SoF
    Posts
    4,744

    Default Re: Sunseeker Hawk 38

    Superhawk .

    It’s over 20 years since there very successful debuts .They made the most of VP sterndrives and trimax drives available at the time .Long thin pointy hulls .Things have move on a bit since with both the economics of building at a profit and buyers jumping in size point .
    We can’t turn the clock back as it was then .
    So for me considering market maturity has diluted the preditor range performance wise , they basically have got lardier and pampered the charter market I think it’s time to bring back the Superhawks .

    This time start at 45 ft , then a 55 then a 65 .
    All mid engined with the associated rear cabin as the engine room splits the boat .Med biased .Sunpads , large cockpit table , Hilo platform , hard tops theses days .
    45 either straight shaft or surface drive on jackshafts the others surface drives ( Arnesons or trimax - what ever SS do some R+D ? )

    To compete with Italian rivals cruise near 40 knots max near 50 knots .
    And offer a nutter engine spec in each size to add 7/10 knots or what ever .
    Cabins two for the 45 , three for the 55 , four for the 65 .

    Adjust the beams to make those performance numbers .
    Centre the design round performance, so no mid cabins compromising engine location , no V drives - ditto , low superstructures etc etc .

    Oh and don’t forget to badge them Sunseeker Superhawks

    Stand back = kerchung !
    Last edited by Portofino; 22-03-19 at 13:49.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    ation, Loc: ation, Loc: ation.
    Posts
    15,573

    Default Re: Sunseeker Hawk 38

    Quote Originally Posted by Portofino View Post
    Superhawk .

    It’s over 20 years since there very successful debuts .They made the most of VP sterndrives and trimax drives available at the time .Long thin pointy hulls .Things have move on a bit since with both the economics of building at a profit and buyers jumping in size point .
    We can’t turn the clock back as it was then .
    So for me considering market maturity has diluted the preditor range performance wise , they basically have got lardier and pampered the charter market I think it’s time to bring back the Superhawks .

    This time start at 45 ft , then a 55 then a 65 .
    All mid engined with the associated rear cabin as the engine room splits the boat .Med biased .Sunpads , large cockpit table , Hilo platform , hard tops theses days .
    45 either straight shaft or surface drive on jackshafts the others surface drives ( Arnesons or trimax - what ever SS do some R+D ? )

    To compete with Italian rivals cruise near 40 knots max near 50 knots .
    And offer a nutter engine spec in each size to add 7/10 knots or what ever .
    Cabins two for the 45 , three for the 55 , four for the 65 .

    Adjust the beams to make those performance numbers .
    Centre the design round performance, so no mid cabins compromising engine location , no V drives - ditto , low superstructures etc etc .

    Oh and don’t forget to badge them Sunseeker Superhawks
    Why not just badge Itama's as Superhawks?

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Boat- SoF
    Posts
    4,744

    Default Re: Sunseeker Hawk 38

    Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    Why not just badge Itama's as Superhawks?
    For the same reason Ferrari did not badge a 308 -Mustang or corvette Each has its own marketable brand .

    Superhawks being the true performance SS that can sit nicely under the now lardier and more domestic Preditor range .
    Itama has its own well established niche identity peddled by the Ferretti group alongside Pershing amongst others .
    Otam ,Baia Pershing , magnum and if you wish Pete I,ve no objection to dropping Itama into my notional Superhawks competition.Tnx for the back handed compliment- it’s not like you

    Was thinking new hulls ,new manufacturing technique ( low weights ), new buyer demographic, new line for SS .They already have the “ brand “ image name currently dormant .

    Sell it on TRUE performance not midcabin domesticity fairline can keep that image with the 31.9 knot WOT - 63 GTO and any spin offs .
    Last edited by Portofino; 22-03-19 at 15:03.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Poole, England
    Posts
    163

    Default Re: Sunseeker Hawk 38

    Watched the thread with interest as its developed.
    Some of you may know that we are rigging these boats and I feel that they can legitimately be called a Sunseeker.
    True the hull is from FB, true the foam filled concept is from FB, everything else is pure Sunseeker design.
    Yes they are quite narrow beamed, but it will be fast and stable.
    As Hugo has said performance is there, he has tested the first boat on Como, and it is quick enough !
    So will it sell? I think it will as there is still a massive value in the name as a sports boat and there is a market for this like of boat.
    We have boats in build now against a tight schedule and we are pushing hard to get them ready for the official launch.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    16,965

    Default Re: Sunseeker Hawk 38

    Quote Originally Posted by Pennpromo View Post
    So will it sell? I think it will as there is still a massive value in the name as a sports boat and there is a market for this like of boat.
    You might well be right on that.
    RB (RIP) did a truly outstanding job with the brand recognition of his company, and I can easily imagine that while most clients potentially interested in a boat like this are well aware of S/skr, they don't even know (neither care) who FB is.
    Which is sort of funny, considering what the latter actually did for performance boating - to which S/skr doesn't hold a candle. But... Hey-ho!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest YBW News

Find Boats For Sale

to
to