Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Default Re: Sunseeker Hawk 38

See that it is not even being built by Sunseeker

https://www.tradeonlytoday.com/manuf...seeker-hawk-38

Quote Originally Posted by Ian h View Post

https://www.tradeonlytoday.com/manuf...seeker-hawk-38
    Yeah I read that today in MB&Y's May edition. FB design will build the hull and deck then it's shipped back to the UK to be fitted out by Supermarine Powerboats in Lymington.

You are saying that as if it were a demerit.
    For a boat like that, I can't think of any better hull pedigree than being built at the FB boutique workshop!

Quote Originally Posted by Pennpromo View Post
    Watched the thread with interest as its developed.
    Some of you may know that we are rigging these boats and I feel that they can legitimately be called a Sunseeker.
    True the hull is from FB, true the foam filled concept is from FB, everything else is pure Sunseeker design.
    Yes they are quite narrow beamed, but it will be fast and stable.
    As Hugo has said performance is there, he has tested the first boat on Como, and it is quick enough !
    So will it sell? I think it will as there is still a massive value in the name as a sports boat and there is a market for this like of boat.
    We have boats in build now against a tight schedule and we are pushing hard to get them ready for the official launch.
    I see that you also have Mark Pascoe on the build team as well. Who has his own brand of boats.

I do not for one moment think it will not be a fast boat with a lot of style, What I find hard to grasp is that it is badged as a Sunseeker,

to quote
    Wood has put together a European performance-boating dream team for the new boat, bringing on board well-known racer, boatbuilder and engineer Mark Pascoe to work on the project while the boat’s twin-step bottom design was drafted by legendary Italian boatbuilder and racer Fabio Buzzi.

What part is Sunseeker ?
    Last edited by Ian h; 07-04-19 at 21:26.

Quote Originally Posted by MapisM View Post
    You are saying that as if it were a demerit.
    For a boat like that, I can't think of any better hull pedigree than being built at the FB boutique workshop!
    Just questioning the fact its "Badged" as a Sunseeker . It will obviously be a fantastic boat looking at the team building it,

Quote Originally Posted by MapisM View Post
    You might well be right on that.
    RB (RIP) did a truly outstanding job with the brand recognition of his company, and I can easily imagine that while most clients potentially interested in a boat like this are well aware of S/skr, they don't even know (neither care) who FB is.
    Which is sort of funny, considering what the latter actually did for performance boating - to which S/skr doesn't hold a candle. But... Hey-ho!
    I think that those whom would be interested in this boat "WILL" know whom FB is they will also know about the team that is building this boat in Lymington. Performance boating has a small fan base and most people will know and understand where this boat has come from, After all the previous Sunseeker boats in this class were know to be from FB.

After all the previous Sunseeker boats in this class were know to be from FB.
    This is a lie. So this boat is based on the XS2000 which previouly Fabio Buzzi sold to Sunbird from the UK if I remember well. Before Sunseeker went on to buy the rights from FB.

Fabio Buzzi only did this design SS, and it is possible (not sure but I heard a rumour) that he was consulted on the surface drive for 40 Superhawk, which is a 34 Hawk with surface drives.

As for pedigree, I think in reality Fabio Buzzi (FB Design) has not twice more to Sunseeker but like 100 times more.
    His records with Cigala and Bertinetti especially with the 50 Nitro in a ten year period, and previous to this are volumes ahead.

Sunseeker in reality never won much in the offshore race circuit. Even though the hull of the old 34 XPS Portofino was for example the same as alloy build Cuv from Viareggio 38 designed by Don Shead.
    A hull which at Cuv won a lot, but when Sunseeker raced with it in both the shorter 34 XPS and exact 39 Cobra versions but in fiberglass never won anything.
    I think they place once second in the respective class of the Cowes race in the eighties.

I was going on what was in this add
    https://www.sunseekerbrokerage.com/s...-2000-6215216/

"he Sunseeker XS 2000 was designed by powerboat designer Fabrio Buzzi. "

Quote Originally Posted by PowerYachtBlog View Post
    it is possible (not sure but I heard a rumour) that he was consulted on the surface drive for 40 Superhawk, which is a 34 Hawk with surface drives.
    If you are referring to the so called Trimax transmissions (which btw S/skr used also in the Superhawk 50, IIRC), it doesn't take any rumour to understand that they came from FB Design.
    In fact, the Trimax system was designed and patented by FB, even if later licensed to ZF (no less!) for actual production.

I think that those whom would be interested in this boat "WILL" know whom FB is they will also know about the team that is building this boat in Lymington. Performance boating has a small fan base and most people will know and understand where this boat has come from, After all the previous Sunseeker boats in this class were know to be from FB.
    I missed your post in my previous reply.
    Well, I'm not pretending to predict the exact profile of the prospect clients for this boat, of course.
    But as a former (and also current, at heart!) performance boat fan, a boat like this would never enter in my radar.
    The "original" FB one, yes, most definitely. But a sort of bow rider/center console version? Naah, no way.
    My guess is that it's rather targeted at megayacht owners, which might well be attracted by the idea of having, among other tenders, a superfast one.
    This is the potential buyer which I think would not be so interested in FB heritage.
    But I'm just guessing, of course - time will tell...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast