Thread: Audible

Default Audible

The actual book recommendations I've got here have kept me busy but happy! I also have a subscription to Audible. I listen to it in the car and have just finished a marathon run of Patrick O'Brian and John Le Carre. I've built up quite a few credits and am looking for recommendations to spend my credits on please? Also if anyone wants to try Audible I think I can share the books I've bought (is that correct???). If it's correct would it be a good idea to share and swap audible books here? Anyone on for that?

Default Re: Audible

Happy to mention some books I have recently listened to on Audible.
    Days Without End. By Sebastian Barry
    All of Robert Harris’s novels.
    All of David Mitchel’s novels- especially The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet.
    Martin Walker’s series of Bruno chef de police.
    I have enjoyed all of these which while away the time when driving very enjoyably.

I should also say that The Riddle of the Sands which is recommended elsewhere proved a remarkably good listen on Audible but I was surprised to find how funny it was, as well as having the intended tension. Highly recommended.

I would highly reccomend: Islands, Oceans, and Dreams
    The True Story of a Sailor's Seven Year Solo Voyage Around the World
    By: Michael Salvaneschi
    Well writtten accunt of a solo circumnaviagation

Quote Originally Posted by Euphonyx View Post
    The actual book recommendations I've got here have kept me busy but happy! I also have a subscription to Audible. I listen to it in the car and have just finished a marathon run of Patrick O'Brian and John Le Carre. I've built up quite a few credits and am looking for recommendations to spend my credits on please? Also if anyone wants to try Audible I think I can share the books I've bought (is that correct???). If it's correct would it be a good idea to share and swap audible books here? Anyone on for that?
    I recently signed up with Audible and am taking advantage of the free books and the deals of the day.

Currently I have Roy Jenkins' biography of Churchill on the go and, for lighter listening, Le Carre's "Legacy of Spies".

I didn't know you could swap books but I would be interested in doing so.
    " Brexit is like watching a library being burned down by people who can't read"