Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Yay. Patrick Laine is back :)

I still worry about him. Don't get me wrong; I know he is a gentleman, that he has spirit, that he is bold, brave and enthusiastic. He surely is an inspiration to us all...but it is clear to me that he is not a born sailor. He has been lucky with the weather so far (and long may this state of affairs continue). Can't help thinking that he should spend his spare time reading about Moittessier, Knox-Johsnston, Joshua Slocum, Pete Goss etc. etc. Their stories are essential reading for short-handed sailors, no???

Quote Originally Posted by 12 Year Plan B-) View Post
    I still worry about him. Don't get me wrong; I know he is a gentleman, that he has spirit, that he is bold, brave and enthusiastic. He surely is an inspiration to us all...but it is clear to me that he is not a born sailor. He has been lucky with the weather so far (and long may this state of affairs continue). Can't help thinking that he should spend his spare time reading about Moittessier, Knox-Johsnston, Joshua Slocum, Pete Goss etc. etc. Their stories are essential reading for short-handed sailors, no???
    I take it you are presuming he has not read any or all of those.

A born sailor? Tosh.

Yes, I for one would be fascinated to watch some videos of you reading about the great short-handed sailors. I trust you have a good armchair.

Quote Originally Posted by NormanB View Post
    A born sailor? Tosh.
    I wasn't going to comment but these were the words I was thinking. The guy was a fighter pilot, sailing is childs play, he's every bit a Moittessier, KJ, Slocum as he's out their doing it.

But in other news Lee Shores, Lazy Jacks and Lunches is back but with a very sad story.

https://youtu.be/JPfi94Dp5rs
    Tom, Sundance
    2wheels1keel.com

I read and learn. I sail and learn. I pray that all who so venture are fortunate, that they enjoy, that they survive to tell their tale. May we all die of old age in a comfy bed, surrounded by those we love...

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Ballad View Post
    I wasn't going to comment but these were the words I was thinking. The guy was a fighter pilot, sailing is childs play, he's every bit a Moittessier, KJ, Slocum as he's out their doing it.

But in other news Lee Shores, Lazy Jacks and Lunches is back but with a very sad story.

Who was a fighter pilot? Our friend Patrick ???

I read and learn. I sail and learn. I pray that all who so venture are fortunate, that they enjoy, that they survive to tell their tale. May we all die of old age in a comfy bed, surrounded by those we love...
    See also post #20.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Ballad View Post
    snipped

Yeah - I love their videos and even this really sad video had many comedic moments. They are clearly great chums and a great double act.

I can and always will forgive those who are illiterate and those who are ignorant. What I
    find hard to stomach is those who give bad advice to those who are - or may be - in peril.
    To all who read this: respect, revere, fear...the sea.
    May you have fair winds and flat waters...

"I know one thing for sure: I know that I do not know it all and never will. I can only hope that I know enough"

would it not be a tad boring...watching me reading?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast