Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Brexit - latest on VAT Paid Status in the event of a 'no deal' Brexit

Residency is a whole different ball game after X days which other than basics 101 I have little knowledge of as it gets very complex very quickly.

Default Re: Brexit - latest on VAT Paid Status in the event of a 'no deal' Brexit

At the risk of being shot down...…Is this thread about ways of trying to avoid paying tax that is or would be properly due to the UK coffers

I was shot at for apparently avoiding £27 VAT on my ebay bought boat heater..... I suspect the sums of money in question here are rather more significant.

Just a thought and question you understand...…. Perhaps I am incorrect
    Only ever look down on a person when you are bending over to help them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigplumbs View Post
    At the risk of being shot down...…Is this thread about ways of trying to avoid paying tax that is or would be properly due to the UK coffers
    I suspect contributors to this thread may resent that statement. This thread is about proving that a boat on which EU VAT has been paid before Brexit is still recognised as being EU VAT paid after Brexit and certainly not about evading VAT as you did with your heater

I was shot at for apparently avoiding £27 VAT on my ebay bought boat heater..... I suspect the sums of money in question here are rather more significant.

Just a thought and question you understand...…. Perhaps I am incorrect
    No Dennis this thread is about the impact of Brexit which require people moving their boats to and from the EU having to pay VAT for a SECOND if bringing their boat back from the Med for instance. The same will happen if taking a UK based boat TO the Med. To put it another way, through no fault of my own, my boat is effectively stranded in the EU as I would have to pay £20k to import it.
    Last edited by petem; 13-03-19 at 06:17.

Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    No Dennis this thread is about the impact of Brexit which require people moving their boats to and from the EU having to pay VAT for a SECOND if bringing their boat back from the Med for instance. The same will happen if taking a UK based boat TO the Med. To put it another way, through no fault of my own, my boat is effectively stranded in the EU as I would have to pay £20k to import it.
    As I said perhaps I am incorrect. I think it is however useful that people are aware how this thread could be misconstrued so your post above is good clarification.

Perhaps your question is a good one for your MP...….. Might get a useful answer
    Last edited by Bigplumbs; 13-03-19 at 08:20.

Quote Originally Posted by mikef View Post
    I suspect contributors to this thread may resent that statement. This thread is about proving that a boat on which EU VAT has been paid before Brexit is still recognised as being EU VAT paid after Brexit and certainly not about evading VAT as you did with your heater
    As I said perhaps I am incorrect. FYI I have posted £27.00 in a brown envelope to HMRC anonymously to assuage my guilt regarding the heater

As I said perhaps I am incorrect. I think it is however useful that people are aware how this thread could be misconstrued so your post above is good clarification.

Perhaps your question is a good one for your MP...….. Might get a useful answer
    Why do you persist in making confrontational statements? The issue would not be misconstrued by anyone who had some knowledge of the topic and had read and understood the posts. Grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by Asm View Post
    Why do you persist in making confrontational statements? The issue would not be misconstrued by anyone who had some knowledge of the topic and had read and understood the posts. Grow up!
    And why do you see questions as you do (it was a question) and then follow up with an insult about growing up. You also use the phrase by anyone...….. Who have you asked to be so sure or do you know every ones mind.

I asked a perfectly reasonable question got an answer from the OP to which I replied and you came on and started with the insults
    Last edited by Bigplumbs; 13-03-19 at 12:00.

Don't feed the troll....

Quote Originally Posted by julians View Post
    Don't feed the troll....
    And insult number 2..... nothing original just a cliché …….. Well done you

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast