Default Marina near Cowes

I plan to participate in the Fasnet and Im looking for a port to moor the boat a month or two, in Cowes or surroundings. What do you recommend? Thanks

Default Re: Marina near Cowes

On the river Hamble on the mainland opposite the Isleof Wright there are several marinas and being moored there gives better access to more services and communications,try Port Hamble,Mercury and HamblePoint Marina.Beinvenida!

Quote Originally Posted by Wansworth View Post
    On the river Hamble on the mainland opposite the Isleof Wright there are several marinas and being moored there gives better access to more services and communications,try Port Hamble,Mercury and HamblePoint Marina.Beinvenida!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by XavierMasnou View Post
    I plan to participate in the Fasnet and Im looking for a port to moor the boat a month or two, in Cowes or surroundings. What do you recommend? Thanks
    Are you looking to moor, or to be mostly out of the water on the hard?

If the former then there are dozens of options, just pick the one that suits your wallet and the ease of getting to the boat by whatever method of transport you are using.

If the latter, then call HYS (Hamble Yacht Services). They're the premier raceboat yard around.
    You never know, I might be right!

Assuming that your boat doesn't draw too much you could try for a mooring on the River Medina, right by Cowes: http://www.cowesharbourcommission.co...river_moorings

These moorings and pontoons are considered a reasonable price (by Solent standards) and could be ideal. There is also a chargeable river taxi to take you to/from your boat from Cowes or Whippingham on the island.

There is a free bus service from Southampton Railway station to the Red Jet terminal. Red Jet takes you straight to Cowes.

So logisitcs of leaving the boat on the Island are easy.

Quote Originally Posted by langstonelayabout View Post
    Assuming that your boat doesn't draw too much you could try for a mooring on the River Medina, right by Cowes: http://www.cowesharbourcommission.co...river_moorings

These moorings and pontoons are considered a reasonable price (by Solent standards) and could be ideal. There is also a chargeable river taxi to take you to/from your boat from Cowes or Whippingham on the island.
    I draw 2.1M and have been berthed on the Medina for last four years without any depth issues, it only gets really shallow up by the Folly Inn - 12M boat for 1300, not bad for the Solent.
    Depending on budget of course, Cowes Yacht Haven has everything including big boat dry sailing if you're a serious racer

If you have a shallow enough draft maybe Island Harbour (tidal ) has advantages over a Medina berth in terms of walk ashore access but as said by Lightwave prices on the medina mooring or DIY pontoon between piles compares well with anything else around if you don't mind the drive to Soton and ferry trip etc . Another option is of course East Cowes marina (all states access) (Dean and Reddyhoft) which has the advantage of being on the car ferry side of the medina and closer to Ryde and Fishbourne by car for other ferries . If you are not island based the viability rather depends on number of units of time you have to cross the Solent by ferry. If you are prepared to move from Cowes but like being on the island then Bembridge (tidal) and Yarmouth (all states) are other island options. In making you choice it really depends on your needs for services and access for crew etc so choice might be driven by these demands as well as budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwave395 View Post
    12M boat for 1300
    Time to move to the Island.

When I think about how much I've paid for deep water moorings in Portsmouth...

Thanks everybody .. I have a look for your options