Default plywood floor panels

I am looking to replace the plywood floor panels on my dayboat. Can anyone recommend a waterproofing treatment to apply to the wood before add to my boat?

Default Re: plywood floor panels

Quote Originally Posted by pij27 View Post
    I am looking to replace the plywood floor panels on my dayboat. Can anyone recommend a waterproofing treatment to apply to the wood before add to my boat?
    Varnish. Some people would suggest something like Ronseal Diamond hard interior floor varnish but I would use Le Tonkinois despite the fact that it is a little soft for this application.

Boo2

Thanks

Waterproof paint or varnish could do the trick. You can coat multiple times to ensure its longevity. You can also use your creativity to make it look better.

Somebody suggested to me last week only paint one side (this for vertical bunk boards which will go down close to hull so similar) as would dry out. Seemed reasonable, especially if not using top notch ply (Super Elite etc).

Whatever you use make sure it is not slippery.

Epoxy resin on all sides and edges with sand in upper side epoxy for non slip. Will then last a lifetime.
    Brexit: Taking back our freedom as a sovereign nation.

Quote Originally Posted by PCUK View Post
    Epoxy resin on all sides and edges with sand in upper side epoxy for non slip. Will then last a lifetime.
    This is often recommended and I did use it on my sub deck. Apply first coat thinned to penetrate then subsequent coats on to 'tacky'.
    I think you will then need paint of varnish to protect from UV degradation. Sandtex wall paint has been used with success as a non slip paint.