Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default BOD, it's a thing

Is anyone else suffering with BOD - Boat Obsession Disorder? If you have the following symptoms it's not good news -

• Frequent pre-season daydreaming about your boat, the season ahead and seasons gone by
    • Concern that your boat obsession is distracting you from running your own business - the thought of doing something on the boat far outweighs the need to be keeping business up
    • Posting on the YBW forum during working hours
    • Mulling over the endless pre-season jobs you want to get done on your boat too often
    • Frivolous purchasing of things that you feel your boat must have
    • You would rather do work on your boat at the weekend than spend time with your family

Currently their is no cure i'm afraid. I am sure we could set up a support group if necessary. Good luck to you all.

If anyone knows any other symptoms please feel free to share them.

Default Re: BOD, it's a thing

Replace the word boat with woman down the road

Tee-hee, I've got DOD - the Digger equivalent. Much happier splashing about at the bottom of a big muddy hole than thinking about anything else...

I've even started buying hard to find parts that I might need in the future. Not to mention fixing the most trivial things when my house is falling down around us!

Quote Originally Posted by jcwads View Post
    Is anyone else suffering with BOD - Boat Obsession Disorder? If you have the following symptoms it's not good news -

• Frequent pre-season daydreaming about your boat, the season ahead and seasons gone by
    • Concern that your boat obsession is distracting you from running your own business - the thought of doing something on the boat far outweighs the need to be keeping business up
    • Mulling over the endless pre-season jobs you want to get done on your boat too often
    • You would rather do work on your boat at the weekend than spend time with your family

Currently their is no cure i'm afraid. I am sure we could set up a support group if necessary. Good luck to you all.

Yep, totally agree, although as weekends are not really a viable option I'm finding reasons for solo trips to SoF every few weeks for 'maintenance'., and to transport the ever growing pile of all sorts that need to be taken down... "best I get the jobs done before we're all on the boat!"

Talking Re: BOD, it's a thing

Oh Doctor.....................that's exactly what I've got.........BOD!

My wife is constantly accusing me of such things as:

Being obsessed with this very forum, despite my protestations to the contrary
    Wanting to spend more time with the boat that I do with her and the kids....Ok, that might be true
    Taking much better care of the boat than I do the house, for which there is a list of jobs to do a mile long
    etc. etc.

I do regularly tell her my obsession with the boat is cheaper than running a mistress, so she should count herself lucky

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Cox View Post
    boat is cheaper than running a mistress

Andy
    Andy, you know some expensive women
    Neither a Leaver or Remainer be

Currently their is no cure i'm afraid.
    In my experience, living aboard for about half of the year (if not more) is a pretty effective therapy.
    It doesn't really cure BOD, but keeps its symptoms at bay, so to speak...

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy_the_builder View Post
    Tee-hee, I've got DOD - the Digger equivalent.
    Mikef is the doctor you should get in touch with, for treating such disorder...

Those symptoms sound rather familiar. My wife insists that for every pound I spend on the boat an equivalent amount is spent on shoes and handbags.

Time to downsize methinks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast