Default Anyone know anything about old Navico Corus instruments?

Hi my new (1989 boat) has old Navioc Corus instruments. I know these will need replacing eventually but for now I would like to use if possible. The wind instrument turns on ok but the needle just points north and does not change and there is no speed registered. The wind transducer is spinning and rotating. Does anyone know if I can measure if this is working (test voltage at the lead?)? Also is there a through hole transducer for the speed instrument? I have not found it as yet if there is (have not had boat out of the water yet). Thanks in advance with any help.

Default Re: Anyone know anything about old Navico Corus instruments?

I'm in the process of replacing a complete Navico Corus system so I will have a lot of spares for sale soon. Mine has a conventional Airmar paddle wheel through-hull speed transducer. Never had any trouble with the wind instrument.

Hi, thanks for advice. If I am going to change I will probably replace with new. If it is just a loose connection or similar i would keep for a while. What are you replacing with? I am thinking the Nasa Clipper instruments. Seem a good price and a good fit (size wise).

We're going the whole hog with a Raymarine system including instruments, chartplotter and autopilot. Costing a small fortune but we expected to pay it at some point as part of a major re-fit. At least we got the boat for a good price.
    ۞

The best place for technical help is Odin Marine, speak to Terry. When Simrad bought up Navico they effectively killed off the Corus system and Odin bought the spares, trouble is that was along time ago and they haven’t got much left. Our wind instrument died a few years ago and they didn’t have a replacement. We now use a Tacktick. The rest keeps chugging along but I know I’m going to have to replace it someday.
    DJE, if you have spares I’d be interested.
    Pardon?

Quote Originally Posted by Champagne Murphy View Post
    DJE, if you have spares Id be interested.
    I will get a list together and put them on the For Sale forum shortly. Shame that Navico killed the system off as it looks well made and works well. The issues that we have are that the displays are fading (I think the previous owner might have left the sun covers off), the autopilot ram is stiff, and it was all in the wrong place for the way we sail the boat.
    ۞

Quote Originally Posted by DJE View Post
    I will get a list together and put them on the For Sale forum shortly. Shame that Navico killed the system off as it looks well made and works well. The issues that we have are that the displays are fading (I think the previous owner might have left the sun covers off), the autopilot ram is stiff, and it was all in the wrong place for the way we sail the boat.
    If you would like to PM me when you have the list that would be great
    Pardon?

Quote Originally Posted by DJE View Post
    I'm in the process of replacing a complete Navico Corus system so I will have a lot of spares for sale soon. Mine has a conventional Airmar paddle wheel through-hull speed transducer. Never had any trouble with the wind instrument.

Hi DJE,
    I am in Salisbury and would be delighted to talk to you about any Corus you may be disposing of.

Tel 07968....731756. Sandymunro38(at)gmail.com