Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Toilet woes

Default Re: Toilet woes

Could be a blocked vent. When the tank starts to fill, it would create pressure that could force the smell and ‘liquid’ back though a toilet?
    First thing I’d check anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynG View Post
    Do you use Napisan (or similar) instead of chemicals specified for marine/caravan toilets ? If so it seems an economical alternative.
    Napisan in a marine seawater toilet.
    Used sparingly, out at sea, only after no. 2s.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewriches View Post
    Agree with above. Throw it out and get a Planus. My boat was transformed the day I fitted it!
    +9999999

So I currently have jabsco on my prestige 500. What benefits would I see by changing to planus/tecma? Quieter? More reliable? This has come up before as on my 'next boat must haves' I have noted planus/tecma toilets and that must have come from this forum . Not sure I would change them now but could be convinced. Or maybe change when I start having issues.

I have tecma.

1 they are like a house wc. Others are small and don’t look right
    2. The way they macerate is key to non blockage. I have had it in bits as I have had others. The difference is see is waste flows over the macerated as opposed to through it. As such this stops blockages

To balance it mine are the silent plus and silent that are not.

I have just noticed this thread and hope I am not too late.
    Having had a few "experiences" with my Sealand toilets, life has improved considerably since using silicone grease upon reassembly. A persistently leaking toilet ball valve was even cured simply by pumping the toilet dry and wiping said grease on the ball valve and visible parts of the seal at the bottom of the bowl without any disassembly.
    Having said that, my T series pump out pump is rather weak and does not sound too good so jfm, if you still have one available, I would be very interested.

No problem. Find the cheapest you can online and I'll sell for 50% of that delivered. Brand new in box. Please note - I only have 24v. Not 12v. If you get address to me by midday tmrw it will be posted tmrw, else will be couple of weeks (due to my travel). I'll pm bank ac and sort code.
    Just to be clear- what I have are brand-new-in-box pumps bought new by me as spares 5 yrs ago and never used. Now I have got rid of all T series pumps on my boat so I don't need the spares.

A very fair offer. However, I rushed to pull mine off this morning for a last look at it and found immediately that one of the duck bill valves was so distorted, it was a wonder it ever pumped at all. After new valves (I always keep spares on board) and a good clean, it pumps like a “good un” and even sounds better!
    I trust your travel is successful and thanks again.

Funny thing is, I finally stopped the leaking with a seal kit, smell remained, kept checking and found a couple of bad batteries cooking away and giving off a rotten egg smell in the Lazarette and basically spreading through the bilge area. You might ask how we confused the 2 smells...but in my defence, I am a vegetarian and perhaps the holding tank might smell a bit different from a carnivores

No worries and glad you fixed it. Re your PM, sorry I don’t have any jabsco loo parts at all.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast