Default Exhaust Elbow for Volvo 2010

Dear all,
    I am looking for an exhaust elbow for my Volvo 2010, either a good used item or even an unused new one - someone must have one sitting on a shelf somewhere!
    This is Volvo part number 861906 or 861906SS for the stainless steel version. The identical Perkins part number is 135616660
    This Volvo part is common throughout the non turbo MD range 2010/2020/2030 & 2040, and I believe the later D1 series too.

I took mine off last weekend when cleaning out the heat exchanger stack, and found that the exhaust elbow was constricted down to the diameter of a very slim pencil! almost totally blocked.
    It did clean up a bit with a dose of Rydlyme and poking at the loosened gunk, but there is a large amount of hardened carbon left reducing the diameter down to the size of a slim marker pen. Time to change.

Alternatively, any suggestions on where to get a new replacement would be most welcome - the best price I have found is via Trickett Marine in Poole at £133.08 inc vat but their next supply is not due until the end of April. The next best available stock is £225 inc vat from Parts4engines for the stainless steel version.

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Exhaust Elbow for Volvo 2010

I changed the stock elbow for a stainless one on our MD2020 a few years ago as a precaution. I fully intended to clean up the old one and sell it on if it were serviceable, but all that happened was it disappeared into the garage of doom.... I'll see if I can dig it out and clean it up in the next day or two.

It's not rusted through but it does have what appears to be a hairline crack (it didn't leak). If you pm me an email address I could send pictures. Given that it has a crack I don't think I could ask for any money for it other than covering P&P.

PM Sent