Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Synthetic Teak decking - recommendation Devon/Cornwall

Hi all, i知 Considering having my swim platform and deck covered in the synthetic teak decking, and i知 after advice/recommendations. I am on the Devon and Cornwall border close to Plymouth. And help or pointers would be appreciated. Thanks

Default Re: Synthetic Teak decking - recommendation Devon/Cornwall

I put flexiteek G2 on my aft deck and bathing platform and it’s great. Easy to keep clean, hard wearing and looks exactly like the older teak in the cockpit. You can feel the difference with bare feet but only just, and to see the difference you have to know what you’re looking at....... the only real snag is that it gets properly hot in the sun, even with the claims of the G2. My boat is in the med and in direct sunlight it is too hot to stand on without shoes and although that can also be true of real teak this is noticeably worse. Because it’s just on the bathing platform and that is usually wet, it’s not a big issue for me and I don’t regret it. I guess it depends on how hot you’re expecting summer in Devon to get...... if last year was anything to go by then you probably should take the very hot feet thing into account !

Hi, thanks for your reply. There are so many options out there, it痴 a minefield.
    I知 hoping someone can recommend a local fitter and I can look forward to another week or two of Summer this year ��

Mike, another to consider is Seadek. It’s a US product that consists of 2 layers of material, say black on the bottom and tan on top. The top layer is routed to the bottom layer to project a “tar” strip. It’s self adhesive and I have mine fixed to tread deck in my lasserette. Heat wise, it can get a little warm underfoot in direct sunlight, but nothing of consequence. It’s templated and CNC cut to suit. Fixing is a breeze. I would imagine the US company has agents/distributors in Europe. It comes in several colours...

Just an alternative ..... Cheers
    A963F24B-2F2B-4E47-A96D-26D37779A700.jpg

That looks great - i’ll Look into it. Thanks

Another plus for Flexiteak . We have had from new delivery and very pleased . Maybe a trip down to your local Yacht haven might provide some local owners who can fit or a word with the dealer for your make if still trading would provide info ?

Gator step also an option from the US. Used on plenty of ski boats on swim platforms and interiors and maybe a fraction cheaper than seadek. Same idea in terms of templates and colours.

Both it and seadek are all over US ski/wake boat forums in new and DIY installations and seem to be quality products and held in high regard.

D.

If you want to come to Tiverton, I'll show you how to do it yourself. It's not rocket salad!
    Brexit: Taking back our freedom as a sovereign nation.

Tiverton? I worked there for 6 months some time ago. I miss the west country. Lived in Exeter for three years.

Can i come and watch?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Cornwall View Post
    Hi all, i知 Considering having my swim platform and deck covered in the synthetic teak decking, and i知 after advice/recommendations. I am on the Devon and Cornwall border close to Plymouth. And help or pointers would be appreciated. Thanks
    Suggest you contact Nathan Bone in Plymouth. He runs a small team of shipwrights and is very focused on customer satisfaction. He has the SW Flexiteek agency and did a very good job for us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast