Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Rival 34 - Based in Gibraltar - Sails, Nav Equiptment.... What Have You Got??? Read m

Greetings All,
    I am re-furbishing a Rival 34 of excellent provinance, but a vessel that has lacked investment and upgrading by it's former keeper due to advancing years and declining health. I have her on hard-standing for almost a yearat a rate of £450 per month, so my funds are been swallowed in boatyard fees instead of going towards boat equiptment.

She requires a full suit of sails and a full set of Nav Instruments. All that is on her is a vintage VHF radio. She has a Hydrovane system fitted, but that was removed before I bought her, so I am also in need of a self steering mechanism. She is tiller steered. Ideally, if I could pick up servicable second-hand equiptment from owners who are upgrading their sails/technology, that would get me back on the water in the short-term, then I could purchase new upgrades over the next few years as funds allow. Any thoughts or constructive suggestions will be much appreciated either on thread or by PM.

Thanks for taking the time to read my Post.

Default Re: Rival 34 - Based in Gibraltar - Sails, Nav Equiptment.... What Have You Got??? Re

Hiya, is that Dark Rival?

Are you in La Linea on the hardstanding? Its cheaper over in Algeceras at Isla Verde and its in a duty free area. All I can help with Im afraid!

Default Re: Rival 34 - Based in Gibraltar - Sails, Nav Equiptment.... What Have You Got??? Re

Rival Owners Association on Facebook could be a source for help. Lots of owners with new sails and probably old stock in the garage.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1158411767551462/
    "'...contradictions .... are deliberate exercises in doublethink." Orwell from 1984

Quote Originally Posted by capnsensible View Post
    Hiya, is that Dark Rival?

Are you in La Linea on the hardstanding? Its cheaper over in Algeceras at Isla Verde and its in a duty free area. All I can help with Im afraid!
    Well spotted! I have considered the move, but have heard thatmoving there has been a mixed success for the people to whom I have spoken. Iwill certainly check into it further as even the winter rates are dearer than a berth in the marina!

Quote Originally Posted by BlowingOldBoots View Post
    Rival Owners Association on Facebook could be a source for help. Lots of owners with new sails and probably old stock in the garage.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1158411767551462/
    Thank you, I am a member of the Rival Owners Club, and am on their Facebook page. The fact that she is so far from the British Isles, seems to put most people off.

Quote Originally Posted by ConorB View Post
    Well spotted! I have considered the move, but have heard thatmoving there has been a mixed success for the people to whom I have spoken. I will certainly check into it further as even the winter rates are dearer than a berth in the marina!
    I used to haul there every spring and found them excellent. Good people and you can live on board (single sex showers and loos) whilst you are working on her... Good hotel just down the road for 40€ a night

More info here: http://www.michaelbriant.com/gibraltar.htm scroll down past the books....
    Miguel speaks good English... 0034 956 600 511
    info@isla-verde.es www.isla-verde.es

If I can help with Algercerias info just post and I will come back..
    I am sort of looking for a Rival 31, Nic 32, Elizabethen 31, Contessa which I will base in the UK
    Last edited by Sea Devil; 10-04-19 at 09:21.

Huge Thanks Sea Devil,
    I will PM you privately but and extremely appreciative of your advice and assistance.

Respectfully yours,

Conor B.

Quote Originally Posted by ConorB View Post
    Huge Thanks Sea Devil,
    I will PM you privately but and extremely appreciative of your advice and assistance.

Respectfully yours,

Conor B.
    Pleasure - I had my boat in Queensway Quay for about 6 years before moving it to Barcelona...
    Spent a lot of really happy times in Gibraltar so any help I can give is a pleasure

There are (were?) a set of new R34 sails for sale in Portugal:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1158...5075986885038/

Quote Originally Posted by RivalRedwing View Post
    There are (were?) a set of new R34 sails for sale in Portugal:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1158...5075986885038/
    Thank you Rival Redwing. I did contact them, but I was told they were On Hold by an existing customer... but I will certainly get back to them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast