Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Shout out for some help - Burnham on Crouch

In spite of what they are telling you my coppercoat failed the first time. They blamed the fact that I had done it in cold (warmer than you will get this weekend) & there was a lot of condensation
    They supplied another lot of coppercoat at a reduced cost & I had to do it all over again (still does not work)
    This season I have to do the keel again due to rust coming through
    NO WAY would I consider doing even a small amount in the current temperature conditions
    As for only 2 of you- no problem. Do what I did both times. Leave the keel & rudder & points where the supports go. Then do those another day

I also found that 3% thinners helps a lot. The area that I applied thinners ( the keel) works better than the hull where I did not use thinners The keel was done in warmer weather & works better so it may be a factor as swell

Brushing is not successful. You need loads of rollers.

But in any event - do not do it yet
    It is all down to the fact that my wife does not understand me !!

Living near Saffron Walden, sailing out of Burnham on Crouch

Thanks for all the advice above.

We abandoned this a couple of weeks ago with the deteriorating forecast - but hoping to do this tomorrow on Saturday. Seems once again I've been left a person short - again I know this is cheeky and last minute notice but if anyone in the Burnham on Crouch area is free tomorrow (around 11am for 3-4 hrs) I'd really value some help. Can pay a small amount and stand you a fish supper and beers at the end.

Here's hoping!

Thanks,

Phil

Ignore the above - all sorted now!

Thanks

And result, all went well? Just wander, did you put any primer? I am about to do coppercoat very soon, on similar size of boat in Burnham as well, Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shamaya View Post
    And result, all went well? Just wander, did you put any primer? I am about to do coppercoat very soon, on similar size of boat in Burnham as well, Thanks
    Only time will tell if it went well! No primer on the hull - just the protocol as recommended (blasted and then sanded). Keel sanded back and primed and then coppercoated.

The real test will be November when she comes out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12