Thread: Port napolean

Default Port napolean

Anyone berthed in Port Napolean SoF?

There is a boat I am interested at taking a look at, I am told is berthed there?
    SEALINE F43 - CORAL RAE

Default Re: Port napolean

In 2011 I ve been one month in port napoleon, ( end of season) . We didnít like it because: far away from everything, no marina athmosphere, more a yard, and moskitos are unbearable, there are many better places in sof.

I stored my boat there one winter.
    There's no town, no nightlife, no beach within walking distance, no shops and it's a long way from the airport.
    It does have mosquitoes and gale force winds though. I didn't think it was possible but it's actually worse than Sant Carles!
    They also managed to drop my boat slightly when lifting it out, putting hairline cracks all down the gelcoat.
    Don't do it!

I was looking for advice on a boat berthed in PN; I would move the boat to Sant Carles - mozzies are a problem there too, but we managed them for 10 years or so whilst berthed there so it did not put us off...!
    SEALINE F43 - CORAL RAE

Ahh, I see. I thought you were considering moving from SC to PN. Thatís why I mentioned SC.
    I donít think anybody actually berths there. Itís just a boat park, that was my impression anyway. Maybe itís different in the summer.

Yes it’s a barren desolate place with no life so is only used as a boat park. No one would be berthed there in the normal sense. It’s 25 mins cab from Marseille airport. I’ve done it a few times and I recommend you reserve the taxi to take you back. To civilisation.

Many thanks - I'm now glad we booked a hotel in Marseille!

Hope to look at the boat this weekend, we fly out on Friday and return on Sunday. Will update in due course.

She was copper coated 4 years ago which interests me, I opted for M77 when in SCM, about the time Mike (Hurricane) had JW coated, it seems to hold up reasonably well and I know some boats in SCM have managed over 8 years to date with it applied. She's been wintered on the dry so moisture readings should be good....!
    SEALINE F43 - CORAL RAE

Almost all the boats there are stored on land. Itís like a dry stack system for bigger boats. Get the marina office to book you the taxi back on a fixed price basis. It worked out cheaper than the meter. I think it was about 80 euros, but that was three years ago.

Noted - I have hired a car and booked a hotel staying in Marseille, thank goodness...! Will revert back in due course.
    SEALINE F43 - CORAL RAE