Default Information on tamd122p engines

I am considering a boat that has TAMD122-P engines, well serviced and maintained by all accounts, prior to survey, high engine hours: Any major issues? Advice/comments what to look out for would be appreciated. Oil samples would of course be analysed, they power a 50ft planning FB boat, more news later.....

Still looking out for an Astondoa 46 but the above looks interesting.

Assume a fuel burn somewhere in the order of 100l/hr at 2100rpm, looking at the fuel curves, but of course depends on numerous factors. Anyone with a similar size boat/engine set-up? I would be interested in any feedback.

Many thanks
    SEALINE F43 - CORAL RAE

Default Re: Information on tamd122p engines

Been running these engines for nine seasons now, no problems with engines, would make sure air coolers are kept clear tend to do ours every three years , did injectors at 800 hrs and valve clearances , book says 2000 but recommended at 1000, water pumps would recommend rebuild , if they have not been done , these engines are very robust and were used in a lot of commercial aplications ,and if looked after give years of trouble free service, it's the bolt on bits that tend to fail as with all .
    We had the 63p engines in our Sealine F43 prob same as you, we tend to do a lot of long distance cruising at around 19 to 23 knts and they sit very happy at around 16 to 1900rpm depending on condition ,will top out at 30 with clean bum ,and we are 16.3m , fuel burn has been better than we expected , and will pootal at 7 to 10 knots depending tide ect. You do need access all around each engine to service as there are seven anodes per engine .

Default Re: Information on tamd122p engines

Thanks thats very useful, yes I had the 63p's on my F43. The 122p's look equally robust, I downloaded the manual and noted the anode locations, I will take a look when on the boat over this weekend.
    SEALINE F43 - CORAL RAE