Default Tiller pin for Raymarine ST2000

Does the pin have do be absolutely vertically in relation to the pilot or is there leeway of a few degrees as my tiller is curved?

Default Re: Tiller pin for Raymarine ST2000

Quote Originally Posted by STOL71 View Post
    Does the pin have do be absolutely vertically in relation to the pilot or is there leeway of a few degrees as my tiller is curved?
    On my similar Simrad the plastic end plug on the actuator rod can be unscrewed a little to cope with this, and I've done so with mine - which is about 20 degrees off vertical. It's not in the manual, but it works for me...

I did notice that it seemed to be threadlocked with clear silicone and so unscrewed it completely and put it back with fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by anoccasionalyachtsman View Post
    On my similar Simrad the plastic end plug on the actuator rod can be unscrewed a little to cope with this, and I've done so with mine - which is about 20 degrees off vertical. It's not in the manual, but it works for me...

I did notice that it seemed to be threadlocked with clear silicone and so unscrewed it completely and put it back with fresh.
    Many thanks.
    Does anyone have experience with the Raymarine tiller pilot ST2000 re the above?

On our last boat the pin was angled back, we just turned the black plastic end of the rod to suit, it clipped on and never came off

Quote Originally Posted by Daverw View Post
    On our last boat the pin was angled back, we just turned the black plastic end of the rod to suit, it clipped on and never came off
    Was that a Raymarine?

I've done this with a Raymarine ST2000, and later, an ST4000. No issues with a relatively small angle of twist.

Yes ST2000+