Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Three Data Sim deals

Is anyone using any of their deals? I am looking to use a SIM for tethering to a Mi-Fi router but also want to use it when holidaying en France. They specify that you need an "Advanced" deal of around £14 for 12gb data but that only seems to be on a yearly Pay Monthly contract. Fine but I only want to use it over our sailing season !

Default Re: Three Data Sim deals

Did you contact them and ask if they have more options than that one?

Put "3 data sim" into amazon or ebay, loads of fixed term data sims. the one i use is 24 GB with a two year life. £41 on last purchase.Clock starts when you first fire it up.
    Roaming fine in Europe now and into future.
    Formerly known as colmce.
    http://www.seafieldfarmcottages.co.uk

Get a Gift Gaff. I have a basic £5.00/month recurring that I can top up when going abroad. Beware, though, if you get the wrong package the price of extra data can be costly.
    Grow old disgracefully, it's more fun

I'm with Three for my phone and I get 600 mins, unlimited messages and 8gb of data which I can tether to my devices anywhere in Europe. Usually this is plenty for weekends away on the boat, using my phone to connect to Ipads and the internet TV box, but if I get low on the odd occation I can buy another 4gb for £5 which isn't bad going.

This is a sim only deal and costs me £10 a month

I have a mifi for the boat using 3, i have that little Huwaei thing which works as expected.
    I think I'm on something like 20GB a month for £12 which includes the netflix free bandwith offer.

I had to ask for it though, was not an advertised offer.

My phone is with Three, SIM only deal costs £25 per month, unlimited calls, texts and data, tethers to my laptop and/or tablet.
    Rainbow Marine.
    www.rainbowmarine.co.uk

Three Mobile PAYG data only SIM. 24gb for 2 years. £60 from 3, £42 - £44 from Amazon or Ebay. Fit and forget. If it runs out sooner, just buy another. theres also a 12GB version usually about £30 which lasts 12months. Works fine in my MiFi gadget.

Watch the small print about long term overseas use (roaming) on these cards though as there is a fair use restriction, as there is on almost any deal.
    Is Conservation for wildlife or conservationists?
    http://boatownersresponse.org.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat47 View Post
    Get a Gift Gaff. I have a basic £5.00/month recurring that I can top up when going abroad. Beware, though, if you get the wrong package the price of extra data can be costly.
    Just had an email from them saying the giffgaff £5 is going up to £6 a month.

Is it just us? I have a three data sim. For the first year or so everything was fine but for the last few years whenever I'm abroad data rates seem to be at a crawl. First mate has found the exact same thing. I keep meaning to cancel mine. Customer service is terrible indian call centres: the stores are useless. They can sell you stuff but they can't fix, change or cancel anything.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast