Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Athens area safe, affordable marina or mooring for a couple of nights

My son is going to join us on the boat for a week or 10 days flying in/out of Athens. Depending on our progress he's going to get a ferry to Mykonos or Ikaria to join up with us. We're considering dropping him near Athens for departure and visiting the city and Acropolis for a day. So I'm looking for suggestions for a berth for a couple of nights somewhere safe with reasonable transport links to the city and airport. Any and all advice or information greatly appreciated.

Winter in Falmouth, summer on board Rampage.

Default Re: Athens area safe, affordable marina or mooring for a couple of nights

We’ve only ever used Zea Marina in the Athens area it has good public transport links into the city via Piraeus harbour which is a brisk 10 minute walk away. However, it ain’t cheap.....

Default Re: Athens area safe, affordable marina or mooring for a couple of nights

You don't say when, now or in the summer, because during summer months it's a different story!
    Alimos marina (if you can find a space), Flisvos marina (if you can find a place) are both Athens based with lots of transportation links to everywhere. An alternative is Aegina island. 30-40 minutes with the flying dolphin to Piraeus many times during the day.
    Keep sailing

Thanks for the replies so far. Sorry, should have said first couple of days in July [I know].

IR, we have a club rally first half of June in the Cyclades which will be starting and finishing in Lavrion. I have tentatively booked in to Olympic Marine at Euro 60 per day. Not the cheapest, but should be reliable. Earlier trip used Port Rafti.
    Always easier to move humans and cars than a yacht!
    Peter

There are a couple of marinas in Faliro, 45 minutes to Athens centre; Zea Marina is good but expensive (born and grew up in Zea Marina). All marinas around the west coast of Attica are very busy and pricey. There are marinas on the east coast of Attica, not as busy and more reasonable.

Hello,

We always stay in Zea Marina when we receive family or friends. We reserve in advance by phone and we think the prices are reasonable.

Regards Luis

Quote Originally Posted by Vladis View Post
    Hello,

We always stay in Zea Marina when we receive family or friends. We reserve in advance by phone and we think the prices are reasonable.

Regards Luis
    I booked a berth in Zea for 2 nights beginning of July. Thanks to everyone for advice. Any tips for restaurants in the area or public transport links to city very welcome.

Hello,

For transportation you can walk to Piraeus port to take the metro but it is about 1 mile or more. You can also take bus 40 that takes you to Syntagma Place. The stop in near the marina is this one:
    Ypourgeio
    Pireas 185 34
    https://maps.app.goo.gl/TNGsTJmQCfdmAFF29

The problem is that you need to buy tickets in advance and either you get them in the Piraeus metro station or in a machine found here:

Leof. Vasileos Georgiou A 838
    Leof. Vasileos Georgiou A 838, Pireas 185 35
    https://maps.app.goo.gl/bZn557ws7a28cKmXA

Last summer, unfortunately, the machine was not working. Also note then if you return from Syntagma on the same 40 bus line you need to come out of the bus in the stop more or less near the location I paste here for the ticket vending machine.

I hope this helps,

Luis

Winter in Falmouth, summer on board Rampage.

There’s a selection of fairly up market eateries in the marina complex by the sea front. Reasonable quality but pricy. Alternatively, there are cheaper standard bars and cafes on the main road round the marina, all seem to be reasonable but expect Athenian pricing.....
    Big supermarket across the road from the inland corner of the marina.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast