Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default SofF port planning - Theoule s/Mer

Just mulling over some ideas for different port visits in the coming season and Theoule s/mer has always caught my eye. Anyone been or have an opinion.

Looking for a different night stop on the slow cruise to St Tropez.

Fingers crossed for a calm and pleasant Easter as I have been looking over old photos on The Lerins and can't wait to be back.

Default Re: SofF port planning - Theoule s/Mer

I don’t think you will get in .Its tiny and no real visitor berths .
    The bay is nice to anchor though .
    Plenty of shoreside restaurants, some pied in the sand .
    La Rague and la Napoule are 2 mins away planing speed .La Napoule being the pick of marinas in that corner , but they host a used boat show with 200 or so boats for sale over Easter so that will be busy / rammed as well .

Thanks L, I thought you might know.

Shane the little port in the corner, to left of beach at theoule sm as you look from the sea, is very nice. I used to park my sq58 stand side to on the left hand wall/breakwater as you enter the marina, after 8pm. And I always departed to anchor 8am. Nice overnight spot. The anchorage off the nice beach is deep so you need plenty of chain, unless you’re lucky enough to get one of the very few shallow spots. There’s a nice restaurant on the marina breakwater. The cliffs behind are so high that the anchorage loses all sun too early in the afternoon- that’s its main drawback.

Thanks John, I will bank that bit of information.

So after zooming in on Google Maps, I can see the spot you are talking about John, however also using street view (Google has mapped the ports of the Côte d’Azur by boat) I can see 12 boats on berths so I might get lucky and get a berth.

Yep you might get a proper berth. You would just fit- max possible. My suggestion was just the cheeky without permission route!
    I need a BsM berth Saturday night July 27th. 24x5.7x2.2. I might mention your name when asking if that’s ok, as you’re in with the in crowd there! I’ve got tickets to the Jacksons concert in the park. Sans Michael obvs.

John, we fly down Wednesday evening so I will pop into the Port Office and mention that you are looking for a berth. If there is no room, then you might try Monaco Marine and see if they can fit you in to one of their berths. The annual concert in the olive gardens is a bit of a big thing for Beaulieu.

In the season they run ferry day trip boats about and they dock on the RHS concrete entrance quay .
    Sometimes at night they return and tie up on both sides .
    Since JFMs sq 58 days there’s been an increase in tripper boat activity and recently they have redeveloped the entrance making those concrete quays bigger for the tripper boats .

They used to park on a pier to the LHS ( as you look from the sea ) of the beach by the Magellan restaurant.
    That pier is used by then during the day but not at night .So you may be able to tie up FOC after hours on the pier ?

How ever it’s worth a trip to that corner .
    Plan B is no particular order but geographically.
    La Rague
    La Napoule
    Miramar ( round the headland W ) about 10 / 15 mins on the plane .
    You could do a fuel pontoon on each , although la Rague has a lockable gate to the outside .
    There’s a nice visitors pontoon opposite the fuel at Miramar .It open as is La Napoules .

Pics for those that don’t what we are talking about .

9D056733-E393-47D5-AA21-BB8B193BDC81.jpg
    Beach in the corner - we walk our dog there

04569CC3-C118-4564-88FC-259A94496617.jpg
    Part of the sea wall at Theuole marina it’s tiny btw

591CB637-AED4-46BB-AD05-9D8757F53E32.jpg
    Red arrow where the jetty is .Blue arrow where entrance to Theuole is
    Last edited by Portofino; 13-04-19 at 09:20.

74B6266C-2704-4E16-B5B0-D5F570E5AD76.jpg

I wouldn’t leave your boat unattended at anchor out of line of sight or over 30 return time mins away .
    Moot point
    Having said that that’s hard to do in that corner

Some do as you can see they catch the train from a 2 min walk station thinking it’s safe protected by the W cliffs —— Er until the wind shifts from the S ! In the evenings .
    Last edited by Portofino; 13-04-19 at 09:33.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast