Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Aaarumph! B.O.A.T., yet again. But at least I had some pasta...

Pasta sounds fantastic but can a food really become extinct, I mean apart from a Mammoth Burger or Kentucky Fried Dodo?

The meal sounds like a perfect example of serendipity and I look forward to seeing filindeu pop up restaurants and food trucks in the near future - just need to get Rich Stein to do a feature....

Just a quick update in case anyone might be interested, and for future reference.
    Today a shop dealing with industrial oleodynamic components confirmed me that in the pump range of this producer there is a model which is 100% interchangeable with mine, available at 150 quid or so.
    Which makes any repair possibilities not really worth exploring, I reckon...

Quote Originally Posted by Nigelpickin View Post
    I look forward to seeing filindeu pop up restaurants and food trucks in the near future - just need to get Rich Stein to do a feature....
    Well, I can predict anything but the future...
    But I'm skeptic about the materialization of your scenario, for the reasons explained also in the BBC webpage I previously linked.
    Famous chefs, and also Barilla (the largest industrial pasta producer worldwide) tried to replicate the thing, and gave up.
    Apparently, it takes an incredible mix of passion/application/experience and last but not least time, forming a market entry barrier which makes all Apple products look like disposable Chinese junk in comparison!

Even that restaurant which arranged that dedicated dinner (based in Cagliari, the largest town in Sardinia) had to invite one of the very few ladies from the Nuoro area who are still capable to prepare the thing, because even in Sardinia this skill doesn't exist anywhere else - go figure...

P
    Try also pumps from Casappa, also IT manufacture. We have used them for many years on forklift trucks . I suspect that the body will be vv similar or interchangeable. It is, after all, an aluminium block machined to take a pretty standard pair of rotors

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12