Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 66
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Conwy
    Posts
    3,644

    Default Re: Sealine F37, maybe

    Quote Originally Posted by Whitelighter View Post
    But an S37 (the boat discussed in the tread linked to) and a F37 (which was the boat mentioned by the OP in this thread) are quite different beasties.

    Shafts vs out drives
    Fly vs sports boat

    I suppose they are both grp to be fair...
    LOL. Fair point! Caught me out An acquaintance has just bought an F37, not S, and I had a brief look about. V nice.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    home Brum, boat Costa Brava
    Posts
    3,867

    Default Re: Sealine F37, maybe

    Quote Originally Posted by Whitelighter View Post
    But an S37 (the boat discussed in the tread linked to) and a F37 (which was the boat mentioned by the OP in this thread) are quite different beasties.

    Shafts vs out drives
    Fly vs sports boat

    I suppose they are both grp to be fair...
    Good point especially for those reading this who, understandably, wonít know the Sealine range. I introduced the S37, in light of the difficulty with steps mentioned, as an alternative spacious boat to a fly bridge.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    488

    Default Re: Sealine F37, maybe

    Thanks to one and all for the responses.

    I'm really stuck this time round as to what to go for.............

    F37 is quite stylish, and seems to be generally well thought of. Shafts too, which is a plus for me. Could it be too big to handle? Like I say, health issues mean we both operating at 50%. So I am almost single handed, even with 2 of us. I don't count the dog; no help at all!

    Other options on shafts..... I'm not keen on the Rodmans, sorry. Hardys seem a bit "functional" - with apologies to Rodman and Hardy owners. Restricted choice as I'm trying to look at boats around 2005 or later. This is on the basis that they may give less trouble than an older boat. But, yeah I know - boats!

    Perhaps go down a size? Although then the majority are outdrives. I've never had a twin outdrive boat. Are they much different in handling characteristics to a twin engine on shafts?

    Not bothered either way about a flybridge. Had a look at a Targa 34 but the bed seemed too small. Sealine F34/S34 then? What are they like?

    Sorry. Rambling.

    I don't know if the right boat exists for us.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Farndon
    Posts
    2,771

    Default Re: Sealine F37, maybe

    Or a F33. But is smaller easier to walk around ? Not necessarily.
    All the Sealines you have mentioned are nice boats.
    A bit older is not necessarily a bad thing.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    2,725

    Default Re: Sealine F37, maybe

    If you are struggling a bit and virtually single handed I would have thought that the last thing you want is a flybridge. Unless you helm from downstairs all the time, which is inevitably a compromise on most flybridge boats, you are a long way and some stairs away from the mooring lines.

    Outdrives are very different to shafts in terms of handling and they involve more maintenance. That said, they have their place and there are some benefits such as better fuel consumption (likely to be of increasing importance) and once you get the hang of them you can do a lot. Some people on here hate them with a passion but having had both outdrive and shaft boats I am comfortable with either.

    We have had two Brooms and downsized last year from a Broom 41 to a Sealine S34. Chalk and cheese in terms of just about everything but I have to say that I am really liking the S34. It manoeuvres well at close quarters and if the lines are prepared in advance I am a few steps from the bathing platform and a step ashore with both lines. It is also a light boat so once on a pontoon it isnít too difficult to control. We have a bowthruster, which I would say is an important extra as the light weight is a two sided coin and a bit of wind soon takes you where you might not want to go!

    The S34 is similar to the Targa 34 but is more spacious if that is a concern. Be aware though that after a Broom aft cabin you will inevitably end up with less internal volume on a similar sized boat. The difference between our Broom 41 and the S34 is immense but we are happy with the space we have for the two of us.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    488

    Default Re: Sealine F37, maybe

    Quote Originally Posted by MartynG View Post
    Or a F33. But is smaller easier to walk around ? Not necessarily.
    All the Sealines you have mentioned are nice boats.
    A bit older is not necessarily a bad thing.
    Thanks for that. Hadn't thought of an F33. You could be on to something there.

    Engine access looks better than an F34. Or am I missing something?

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    west yorkshire
    Posts
    3,512

    Default Re: Sealine F37, maybe

    are you thinking mostly river/estuary use or going out to sea?

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    488

    Default Re: Sealine F37, maybe

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg2 View Post
    If you are struggling a bit and virtually single handed I would have thought that the last thing you want is a flybridge. Unless you helm from downstairs all the time, which is inevitably a compromise on most flybridge boats, you are a long way and some stairs away from the mooring lines.

    Outdrives are very different to shafts in terms of handling and they involve more maintenance. That said, they have their place and there are some benefits such as better fuel consumption (likely to be of increasing importance) and once you get the hang of them you can do a lot. Some people on here hate them with a passion but having had both outdrive and shaft boats I am comfortable with either.

    We have had two Brooms and downsized last year from a Broom 41 to a Sealine S34. Chalk and cheese in terms of just about everything but I have to say that I am really liking the S34. It manoeuvres well at close quarters and if the lines are prepared in advance I am a few steps from the bathing platform and a step ashore with both lines. It is also a light boat so once on a pontoon it isn’t too difficult to control. We have a bowthruster, which I would say is an important extra as the light weight is a two sided coin and a bit of wind soon takes you where you might not want to go!

    The S34 is similar to the Targa 34 but is more spacious if that is a concern. Be aware though that after a Broom aft cabin you will inevitably end up with less internal volume on a similar sized boat. The difference between our Broom 41 and the S34 is immense but we are happy with the space we have for the two of us.
    Yes. Agreed.

    I'm aware of the increased costs of maintenance re. outdrives. I guess the fuel savings will offset this a little but probably not significantly for us.

    My only outdrive experience so far has been a Sealine 260 single. Hopefully twins would negate the tendency to wander......

    The flybridge isn't a "must". It just seems that most shaft drive boats built 2005 onwards, around 10 - 11 metres are flybridge.

    We will miss the internal space of the Broom. Hence my thinking about the F37. We will have to compromise for sure.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    488

    Default Re: Sealine F37, maybe

    Quote Originally Posted by kashurst View Post
    are you thinking mostly river/estuary use or going out to sea?
    A bit of both. Nothing too ambitious now.

    We did some trips last year from Burnham up to the Norfolk Broads. Also Ipswich, Chatham and Thames to Hampton Court.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    west yorkshire
    Posts
    3,512

    Default Re: Sealine F37, maybe

    at the 11 - 12m size I think only flybridges come with shafts, so I can understand the interest in F37
    how about a sealine sc39 - outdrives, extending cockpit for lazy evenings/afternoons but hardtop with a glass sliding roof.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest YBW News

Find Boats For Sale

to
to