Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Default Re: Sealine F37, maybe

Yep, OK accept that, but nowhere near as vertical as the brooms ladder at the stern which is what the OP mentioned. Access on and off is also easier.

Just came across this thead .I was in a very similar positon last year with almost the same critera .
    I have mobility issues and our last boat was a sealine s28 .We went for the sports cruiser style of boat for ease of access for me.
    We took a break from boats for about 9 years and started looking at buying again 2 years ago.
    This time round we still wanted easy access ,idealy low air draft and minimal steps / ladders , living accommodation on one level and large enough to spend a few weeks at a time on but no larger than 12 metres .There was also some other things that i was looking for - a bed we could both get in and out of easily without any gymnastics , a seperate shower with a seat for me , a helm that was easy to use with good visibility and easy engine access.
    We looked at and seriously considered an F37 but i felt the steps up to the fly where very steep and short in depth and the view from the interior helm restricted and not great engine access .
    After ruling out aft cabin style boats for years we came across a Broom 35 cl , it has all the space inside that we need ,good view out , the right length and it also as moulded steps at the stern instead of a ladder making it relatively easy for me to get on . It wasn't perfect but we felt with some work it could be made suitable for me .
    We are currently getting the stern platform extended , it will total 48" when finished with stern guard rails ,making it a lot safer for boarding .We have redesigned the saloon floor for better engine access - instead of having to roll up the carpet and open a load of small hatches we have Amtico on the floor and 2 large gas assisted hatches .
    These changes could easily be done to your boat , before I got the 35cl in looked at a 345 and although it has a ladder if you extend the platform you could get stainless steel steps made to suit . Also if you fitted variable thrust bow and stern thrusters with a remote you could almost moor single handed .
    One thing the 35 has over your own is the side door which makes getting into the saloon easy for me rather than having to use the rear saloon steps .
    It might work out cheaper to do work on your boat by the time you factor in selling costs and any work you might want doing on a new to you boat and you are getting to keep a boat you know well.
    It might be worth talking to Broom to see what they could do .

Quote Originally Posted by alandalus11 View Post
    Have you considered the Beneteau Swift Trawler 34.

https://www.theyachtmarket.com/boats...7528686&page=1
    That's a good suggestion, thank you. We had considered a Swift Trawler 34 and, on paper, it does tick a lot of boxes.

I'll probably get shot down for this but I wouldn't go for one because, in my opinion, the interior seating isn't adequate. The choice is at the helm or on the sofa bed. Not enough, unless you add on some loose extra seating which is something I'm not keen on.

Apart from that, lovely boat.

Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    quality :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Fredd View Post
    Just came across this thead .I was in a very similar positon last year with almost the same critera .
    I have mobility issues and our last boat was a sealine s28 .We went for the sports cruiser style of boat for ease of access for me.
    We took a break from boats for about 9 years and started looking at buying again 2 years ago.
    This time round we still wanted easy access ,idealy low air draft and minimal steps / ladders , living accommodation on one level and large enough to spend a few weeks at a time on but no larger than 12 metres .There was also some other things that i was looking for - a bed we could both get in and out of easily without any gymnastics , a seperate shower with a seat for me , a helm that was easy to use with good visibility and easy engine access.
    We looked at and seriously considered an F37 but i felt the steps up to the fly where very steep and short in depth and the view from the interior helm restricted and not great engine access .
    After ruling out aft cabin style boats for years we came across a Broom 35 cl , it has all the space inside that we need ,good view out , the right length and it also as moulded steps at the stern instead of a ladder making it relatively easy for me to get on . It wasn't perfect but we felt with some work it could be made suitable for me .
    We are currently getting the stern platform extended , it will total 48" when finished with stern guard rails ,making it a lot safer for boarding .We have redesigned the saloon floor for better engine access - instead of having to roll up the carpet and open a load of small hatches we have Amtico on the floor and 2 large gas assisted hatches .
    These changes could easily be done to your boat , before I got the 35cl in looked at a 345 and although it has a ladder if you extend the platform you could get stainless steel steps made to suit . Also if you fitted variable thrust bow and stern thrusters with a remote you could almost moor single handed .
    One thing the 35 has over your own is the side door which makes getting into the saloon easy for me rather than having to use the rear saloon steps .
    It might work out cheaper to do work on your boat by the time you factor in selling costs and any work you might want doing on a new to you boat and you are getting to keep a boat you know well.
    It might be worth talking to Broom to see what they could do .
    Another good suggestion. Thank you.

Your ideas for the stern ladder would certainly solve that problem. The engine access hatch modifications sound ideal.

But, regretfully, it's not just the ladder we have problems with. After a while, we find that going up and down the steps to the galley and also to the aft cabin is a bit wearing. I can't see a way of sorting that. We should have bought this boat about 10 years ago........

Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    That is nice. Ironically, quite similar to the Skilso 975 we had before this Broom!

This is better though https://www.boatsandoutboards.co.uk/...pe-2010/257765

But out of my league

A bit different but might tick some boxes https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/199...-410--3134853/

Quote Originally Posted by Dino View Post
    A bit different but might tick some boxes https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/199...-410--3134853/
    Be nice with decent engines.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast