Default NUSC Outboards Stolen

Newport Uskmouth Sailing Club had had about 6 outboards stolen mid last week. I doubt they will show up but if anyone is offered just question it's where abouts and use the recent thiefts as a warning to secure or take home valuable things.

Sad time's we're living in.
    Tom, Sundance
    2wheels1keel.com

Default Re: NUSC Outboards Stolen

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Ballad View Post
    Newport Uskmouth Sailing Club had had about 6 outboards stolen mid last week. I doubt they will show up but if anyone is offered just question it's where abouts and use the recent thiefts as a warning to secure or take home valuable things.

Sad time's we're living in.
    Did the thieves arrive by boat? I used to go to NUSC for BCYA meetings and thought the access through the power station was a pain, but the extra security probably made it worth the trouble.
    Allan
    Sailblogs.com search Brilliant with Hilary and Allan as crew. Password Bristol.

I'm not sure but I can only assume so, there was enough outboards taken to think they didn't come in by foot and they couldn't get in my car without having to fob in through the power station.
    Tom, Sundance
    2wheels1keel.com

No doubt the same gang that raided the Clubs upriver . They came by boat to Chepstow probably an inflatable as they cut the chain on the club punt ,used that to systematically take outboards off and broke into yachts using the punt to carry the gear down river to Black rock to unload. We know the exact timing due to members last visit the midnight tide used then a member at the Pill on the next tide reported the theft! Barstewards that need catching! Where is the Market for these outboards? Cant be just Boat Jumbles?
    We got the Punt back thanks to the Lave Fishermen at Black Rock, who also had outboards stolen along with their Boat!
    Last edited by TOKOLOSHI; 14-04-19 at 06:14. Reason: added

Probably a local mechanic or something... but there's 4 listed in Trowbridge on gumtree, 3 of which in the past week...

https://www.gumtree.com/search?searc...cation=Bristol
    YouTube: Gorjus Boating
    Boat: Sealine 195