Default For those who have been in Bruces Yard

Default Re: For those who have been in Bruces Yard

Yes it is!

Well go on then. Tell us who! The suspense is killing me............

It is nothing to do with the people smuggling...has been tied up in the harbour since last year!

Quote Originally Posted by phantomlady View Post
    It is nothing to do with the people smuggling...has been tied up in the harbour since last year!
    The report seems quite clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Resolution View Post
    Well go on then. Tell us who! The suspense is killing me............
    Johan Sebastian, the boat in the photos, was laid up in Bruce's for many years and changed hands 2-3 years ago. A young couple & baby were living aboard and last year the boat left, said to be heading for UK. That's all I know about them apart from heresay and never heard any comments/rumours about them being crooks.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham376 View Post
    Johan Sebastian, the boat in the photos, was laid up in Bruce's for many years and changed hands 2-3 years ago. A young couple & baby were living aboard and last year the boat left, said to be heading for UK. That's all I know about them apart from heresay and never heard any comments/rumours about them being crooks.
    From the Telegraph this morning,
    “Four charged after 29 people found in van
    Four men have been charged with modern slavery offences after 29 men, women and children, believed to be from Vietnam, were found in the back of a van in Cornwall.
    Police stopped the van on Friday morning on the M5 near Cullompton, Devon, following reports the group were seen getting in the back of the vehicle after arriving on a boat.
    Frank Walling, 72, from Colne, Jon Ransom, 63, from Kent, Keith Royston Plummer, 62, from Sheerness, and Glen Martin Bennett, 55, from Burnley, were charged with human trafficking and assisting unlawful immigration. They were due to appear before magistrates in Truro today”

Give us a bell?
    Last edited by Heckler; 15-04-19 at 11:57.

Quote Originally Posted by phantomlady View Post
    I saw the Johan Sebastian launch last June from Bruces Yard. I said good morning to the young girl with the baby a couple of times when they were in the yard, her partner was quite a bit older and an older chap joined them for the launch. It only got as far as around buoy 21 before it went aground and was stuck on its side for a few days before it continued. Some people I know said they talked to the people when it was in Albufeira Marina later.