Default Thames Valley and London Boat Show

This is on now...…….. Any one been (Yesterday) or planning to go

https://www.thamesvalleyandlondonboatshow.co.uk/

Views would be appreciated..... I felt a great loss not having the London Show to go to so rather wonder about this one
    Only ever look down on a person when you are bending over to help them up.

Default Re: Thames Valley and London Boat Show

Going there today.

Quote Originally Posted by russ View Post
    Going there today.
    Lets us know what you think as we can only go tomorrow and it is a 2.5 hr drive for us

Quote Originally Posted by Bigplumbs View Post
    Lets us know what you think as we can only go tomorrow and it is a 2.5 hr drive for us
    Wouldn't bother unless your looking to view a boat thats up for sale by TBS. Theres a couple of smaller brokers and a few trade stands but definitely not worth a 2.5hr drive.

Quote Originally Posted by russ View Post
    Wouldn't bother unless your looking to view a boat thats up for sale by TBS. Theres a couple of smaller brokers and a few trade stands but definitely not worth a 2.5hr drive.
    Many thanks I think we will give it a miss. Saved us a long day and a few quid in petrol money

I think you have to be realistic. It was put on by the Thames Brokers for local people to view a selection of boats they sell.

It was never oversold and they should be applauded for being proactive

Same as British Motor Yacht Show and other local shows. It never going to be more than a few boats if that.

If you want a big show worth going to perhaps you should suggest they should all club together and hire ExCel. Oh hold on .....

Quote Originally Posted by Time Out View Post
    I think you have to be realistic. It was put on by the Thames Brokers for local people to view a selection of boats they sell.

It was never oversold and they should be applauded for being proactive

Same as British Motor Yacht Show and other local shows. It never going to be more than a few boats if that.

If you want a big show worth going to perhaps you should suggest they should all club together and hire ExCel. Oh hold on .....
    I think you're being hard on the British Motor Yacht show. Whilst obviously not in the same league as Southampton it offers a concentrated selection of British built motor yachts from manufacturers often criticised for being hard to get onto at the mainstream events due to visitor numbers. Here you can wander and directly compare at leisure.

Sadly I will miss it this year as I'm cycling in the Derbyshire Dales but it's a show I've always enjoyed. You also see a few familiar faces from the boating scene and indeed this forum.

Henry

Far from it, I am just saying it’s a local event for local people and has pretty much the same objective.

Get people crawling all over boats.

We should follow the US lead, they out on some very well focused regional / State events pitching towards specific cruising grounds and sports. In fact the Bay Bridge Boat Show is on right now and is a cracking little event.