Default Summer 2019 adventure

10 years ago I cruised over from the Uk to France where I have spend each summer exploring he Med coast. Whilst I could easily spend the next however many summers doing the same, Itís time for a new adventure.

I have had a steady cruise down to Barcelona after having overnight stops in Selva (Ä27 ), Roses (Ä20), Palamos(Ä69 ouch!), Balis(Ä49) all prices are for 11.2 Mtrs and are per night in early April. Iím currently in Barcelona Olympic paying Ä38 per night. Iím setting off in a week or so and Iím continuing heading south.

I tend to prefer cruising at a leisurely 6-7 knots. Time pressures donít really exist as I will probably take all summer heading south and maybe over-winter somewhere in Spain. Several of the legs will be completed single handed which Iím used to doing. 20-40nm per leg would ideally be a maximum although if necessary longer legs could be considered.

I much prefer being at anchor than in a marina, I know Iíll have to have some extended stays but where possible and weather permitting anchoring is my ideal. Iím making a list of Ďmust stopí places, most of which will be marina stops. Any suggestions of places not to be missed will be gratefully received.
    John

Default Re: Summer 2019 adventure

Peniscola

You can anchor behind the breakwater in any wind that doesn’t have a southerly component
    Free supercharging Tesla referral code http://ts.la/jez9763

Thanks, I had looked at Peniscola it looks a nice place but I think I'd probably go in the marina and have a good look around
    . I'm thinking of stopping in St Carles and the lagoon outside and also saw that Lamolla looked like a good place to anchor.
    John

You can’t go into the inner harbour at Peniscola - well you can go in you just can’t tie up or stay.
    Suggested it as you said you preferred anchoring.

The logo on at Sant Carles is very sheltered - anchor on the east side tucked in behind the spit. There are a couple of restaurants on stilts - remain south of these. The lagoon gets very shslllw very quickly as you go north past the marina entrances.

Sant Carles marina id a good place to over winter, cheap and a very good boat yard. Visitor rates also reasonable if you fancy a couple of days on the marina to restock etc
    Free supercharging Tesla referral code http://ts.la/jez9763