Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Bringing my boat from Barcelona to Stockholm

Thank you @miha90 @Sea Devil

I think I have found the best route for my trip. The gentleman that uploaded this series of videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOSvNfl2qYk&t=788s

made a trip very similar to the one I intend (he was heading for Norway), and also in a bit of a hurry. He is also very a kind person and immediately replied to my questions, confirming that the route he took (exit at Lubeck) is the fastest to the Baltic, so I will probably follow the same route. Next big milestone is to convince my boss to allow me to take unpaid leave for 45 days...

I will keep posting.

Cheers

I have done the Med to Baltic twice, (and back to the med using inland waterways no problem at all)
    Rhone to Saone then Canal de l'est to the Mosel (seperate side by side locks), one for with a fee for commercial the other free for recreation, Watch out for the sill, you are on your own in those things, then to Rhine at Koblenz, Down Rhine beware of up-stream Blue Flag barges on the wrong side of the river following least current. Then get off the Rhine at the Dortmund canal to the Mittelland canal take left on the Elbe-Seiten canal, cross the Elbe to the Lubeck canal then exit into the Baltic at Lubeck where the mast can be raised. Job done. Germany is closed (for shops) on a Sunday.

Here's a great [but rather long] video of a fellow bringing his sailing boat through the canals and inland waterways of Europe to the Baltic. It's in several episodes and gives a good insight into the trip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOSvNfl2qYk

Consider also the route by sailing east right through the Mediterranean then motoring up the river Danube to join the German canal system. Will be slow motoring against the current in the river though.
    45 days is extremely ambitious for any of these routes short-handed. you could consider hiring a delivery skipper for part of the route and then you could take it easy and enjoy yourself for the 45 days you have. You could enjoy sailing the length of the med and let a delivery crew motor up the river.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12