Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Poole Harbour Slipways

Actually looks like Cobbs Key is the best option. I can leave it there 3 nights on the water and plop it in and out for 102.... Which is a little steep but is ok with me....

Apparently I cant keep the boat on the trailer at the caravan park
    Only ever look down on a person when you are bending over to help them up.

Davis Boatyard next door to Cobbs will offer same service for less if they have room.

Regarding Rockley, I have found it hard in the past to find the right person to talk to for boat matters.
    If you havn't already, try 01202 665001 for boat park info.
    There certainly used to be loads of boats parked there on trailers but then I havn't been there for at least a year.
    We got offered a pontoon berth there a couple of years ago by actually going down there, but there was no power so no good to us.

Quote Originally Posted by dpb View Post
    Davis Boatyard next door to Cobbs will offer same service for less if they have room.

Regarding Rockley, I have found it hard in the past to find the right person to talk to for boat matters.
    If you havn't already, try 01202 665001 for boat park info.
    There certainly used to be loads of boats parked there on trailers but then I havn't been there for at least a year.
    We got offered a pontoon berth there a couple of years ago by actually going down there, but there was no power so no good to us.
    I phoned that number today and spoke to a young lady who seemed to think that Park and Launch was 60... I told her that is 10 more than Cobbs she seemed to know very little...… I thought how hard can it be to be honest...… Apparently the man who knows was not in till Tuesday. I will try again tomorrow
    Only ever look down on a person when you are bending over to help them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    one of them used to dive my boat and clean it's bum mid season, and pick up the winch handles, tools etc dropped ob, had a regular deal with club race boats too.
    The cheeky bug---r you should of asked for them back.

Not sure if you want to camp, but Redcliffe Farm up near Wareham might be an option.
    http://redcliffefarmcamping.co.uk/about.html

Bit of a treck to get out of the harbour and as others have said, 10Kts is your limit, but still a nice part of the harbour.

The main council run slipway at Baiter Park can get silly busy at the weekends, but will probably be the cheapest option.
    Its 15 for a day pass.
    If you want a good laugh, watch the various recovery methods at Baiter from about 4pm onwards. Boat slipway rage is always on show :-)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123