Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Easter plan A.. Channel crossing

TBH, I think you need to be buying alot of fuel to make the detour from SPP and the tides etc, for Sampsons to make sense.
    Just note, in the past I have had anything up to several hours wait to actually get fuel at SPP on occasion...my advice would be NOT to make refuelling part of your departure schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by gjgm View Post
    TBH, I think you need to be buying alot of fuel to make the detour from SPP and the tides etc, for Sampsons to make sense.
    Just note, in the past I have had anything up to several hours wait to actually get fuel at SPP on occasion...my advice would be NOT to make refuelling part of your departure schedule.
    It’s only about 3nm from SPP to St Sampsons, and you’re always given a time slot when phoning to book the fuel. The most I’ve ever waited is maybe 15 minutes. But I’ve never refuelled in SPP, always St Sampson.

Quote Originally Posted by longjohnsilver View Post
    It’s only about 3nm from SPP to St Sampsons, and you’re always given a time slot when phoning to book the fuel. The most I’ve ever waited is maybe 15 minutes. But I’ve never refuelled in SPP, always St Sampson.
    +1 and it is far, far cheaper than SPP.

Quote Originally Posted by colhel View Post
    Update 2..... we're going straight to Guernsey.
    Sounds like its going well Colin - howd the boat handle the crossing? Did you get any sea? I guess you went with it by your route?
    Have a great time in Guernsey!

Quote Originally Posted by IDAMAY View Post
    +1 and it is far, far cheaper than SPP.
    Ok I might have this wrong...I thought the OP was in SPP and would perhaps only need a few hundred litres if he had a typical Nimbus...but maybe I have that wrong and he needs 1000s...

Thanks Piers, having just filled up in Cherbourg we're looking to make savings wherever possible .
    We're here for a few days if you want to say hi?
    Hi, Play d'eau is in St Sampsons, having been lifted out at Marine & General for her annual beauty treatments. The plan is to re-launch tomorrow morning (Tuesday) but the weather is not condusive for the return to Beaucette which has a total aversion to E'ly wind given the swell it creates across the entrance.

Given the finishing work yet to do, I'll be on board all day. Are you in Victoria marina?

By the way, St Sampsons is only 2 miles N of St Peter Port and really easy to make for refuelling.
    These are the voyages of Play d'eau....www.playdeau.com

Yes we're in Victoria Marina. Helen is running the 10k race today so we'll be up that way to catch a bus to the start line, it finishes somewhere near you. I'll keep an eye out for you and pm my phone number.
    Cheers
    Colin

Yes we're in Victoria Marina. Helen is running the 10k race today so we'll be up that way to catch a bus to the start line, it finishes somewhere near you. I'll keep an eye out for you and pm my phone number.
    Cheers
    Colin
    Hi Col. Do call if you are near St Sampsons. If I'm on board I have a key to the yard so do come and see Play d'eau. I'll pm my number.
    These are the voyages of Play d'eau....www.playdeau.com

While Helens doing her run I would have a look at the Hillclimb that is on today.
    You will be able to hear that in the next hour.
    Ian

Just spent a very pleasant hour with Mr Mrs Piers and got some laundry done at the same time.
    Off cycling in a mo and may very well go and see what all that noise is...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast