Default Fuel line water separator

The water separator on my beta engine is at the highest point in the fuel line (rather than at the low point in accordance with the installation manual) and as a result when I open the drain plug to remove any water that the separator has collected air goes into the system (not good) rather the water and/or fuel coming out. Any ideas on how to make the separator drain properly?

Default Re: Fuel line water separator

Quote Originally Posted by miles from the sea View Post
    The water separator on my beta engine is at the highest point in the fuel line (rather than at the low point in accordance with the installation manual) and as a result when I open the drain plug to remove any water that the separator has collected air goes into the system (not good) rather the water and/or fuel coming out. Any ideas on how to make the separator drain properly?
    Relocate it to a lower position?

Default Re: Fuel line water separator

Quote Originally Posted by miles from the sea View Post
    Mine is also at the highest point in the fuel line but never had any problems when draining any water out of the bottom of the seperator,fuel seems too top it up from the tank.
    Leisure Owners Association