Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The whole of Studland Bay off limits....

.... only on Tuesday and Wednesday, and only if you feel like complying.

Nope, nothing to do with seahorses.

https://www.phc.co.uk/downloads/noti...arachuting.pdf

You can save money on a rigging inspection by asking one of the Marines to have a good look on the way down.

Good just they aren't trying to do this over the Easter weekend. I would doubt many would comply with the exclusion request (even if they bothered to look at LTMs).

Default Re: The whole of Studland Bay off limits....

Quote Originally Posted by Angele View Post
    .... only on Tuesday and Wednesday, and only if you feel like complying.

Nope, nothing to do with seahorses.

https://www.phc.co.uk/downloads/noti...arachuting.pdf

You can save money on a rigging inspection by asking one of the Marines to have a good look on the way down.

Good just they aren't trying to do this over the Easter weekend. I would doubt many would comply with the exclusion request (even if they bothered to look at LTMs).
    Given that these activities have been going on for over 50 years, RM Poole will be well aware of usage patterns in the area.
    Last edited by Elecglitch; 15-04-19 at 11:18.

.......safety boats will be operating to offer advice and information to
    anyone who may require it.......
    "Move along, please, there's a good sir. We can do this the easy way, or we can do this my way...."

Quote Originally Posted by Elecglitch View Post
    Given that these activities have been going on for over 50 years, RM Poole will be well aware of usage patterns in the area.
    Just curious to understand why they choose that particular spot to do it in. Even midweek, Studland will have a few yachts at anchor. Why do they do it there and not somewhere that is not a recognised anchorage? Indeed, could they just do it in areas 2 and 3, neither of which comes close to any anchored boats? Or is area 1 needed so they can swim ashore?

I'm sure there must be a better reason than "that is the way we have done it for the last 50 years".

I've watched them doing this sort of thing, well worth a round of applause.

From the classic book How To Be A Wally ; ' Having The Bottle ' is defined as strolling into a Para's Mess loudly proclaiming

" I thought Only Fairies Had Wings "
    Anderson 22 Owners Association - For info please ask here or PM me.

Just curious to understand why they choose that particular spot to do it in. Even midweek, Studland will have a few yachts at anchor. Why do they do it there and not somewhere that is not a recognised anchorage? Indeed, could they just do it in areas 2 and 3, neither of which comes close to any anchored boats? Or is area 1 needed so they can swim ashore?

I'm sure there must be a better reason than "that is the way we have done it for the last 50 years".
    Give them a call 01202 202442. I'm sure they'd love to hear why your hobby should take priority.
    Last edited by Elecglitch; 15-04-19 at 12:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Elecglitch View Post
    Give them a call 01202 202442. I'm sure they'd love to hear why your hobby should take priority.
    Sorry, but at no point have I suggested that yachts should take priority over the serving military in training. I am GENUINELY curious to understand why there. I should imagine that, 50 years ago, the spot would have seen many fewer boats at anchor than now.

Also, is it genuinely a "voluntary" no-go area (as the Poole HC NTM states) or is it a bit like the Lulworth firing range where they will make it very clear that you really shouldn't be there?

If you know the answers to these questions, there is no need for me to ring them.
    Last edited by Angele; 15-04-19 at 13:59.

I was anchored in Lulworth Cove a few yeas back and the tranquillity was broken by a couple of Hercs coming over low. Just outside the cove they kicked some RIBs out followed by parachutists, they swam to the RIBs and zoomed off back to Poole. All very entertaining.
    MontyMariner.co.uk
    Facilitated by AWESEM WP Agency

Are we preparing for war?

Quote Originally Posted by harry potter View Post
    Are we preparing for war?
    If so, not a very recent one. That last time British troops parachuted into action was during the Suez Crisis, and that didn't work out too well.
    "Seamen are always wanting to do things the proper way; and I like to do them my way."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast