Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Mallorca Easter Weather

There's sodding airport strikes scheduled for Tuesday on the day we're flying home.

The reports I've read say the strikes will begin on Sunday and last for 4 days, so thatll bugger up most people's (and mine) homeward leg

Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    There's sodding airport strikes scheduled for Tuesday on the day we're flying home.
    Jez (=mr aviation on here) says above it's general aviation. You got a Gulfstream these days Petem?

Quote Originally Posted by jfm View Post
    Jez (=mr aviation on here) says above it's general aviation. You got a Gulfstream these days Petem?
    Alas I meant it wasn’t one profession but a universal aviation strike (rather than general aviation in the biz jet meaning).
    Looks like now it’s limited to 60,000 ground handling and ops staff walking out, where as before it was rumoured controllers, pilots and security staff were also going to wade in

Not that this improves things: no ground handling staff and you don’t go.
    Free supercharging Tesla referral code http://ts.la/jez9763

Quote Originally Posted by jfm View Post
    I wish. Sadly it's 'commercial' and I'll be sitting in Alicante airport with thousands of others watching the sun come out having spent 5 days on my boat in the rain!

I wish.
    R U sure?
    If you would have a bizjet waiting for you, more than likely you should just use it to "go back and sit around listening to people talking about mezzanine financing and subordinated debt, pretending that you care about dead money". Now, guess who am I quoting?
    Much better not having to go back at all, imho...

Quote Originally Posted by MapisM View Post
    R U sure?
    If you would have a bizjet waiting for you, more than likely you should just use it to "go back and sit around listening to people talking about mezzanine financing and subordinated debt, pretending that you care about dead money". Now, guess who am I quoting?
    Much better not having to go back at all, imho...
    But the alternative is waiting to board surrounded by hen and stag parties on their way to Benidorm. Most of whom will already have downed a few pints in the bar!

I wish. Sadly it's 'commercial' and I'll be sitting in Alicante airport with thousands of others watching the sun come out having spent 5 days on my boat in the rain!
    Just one of the benefits of keeping a boat in the Med.......whilst we bask in glorious Easter weather here in the UK lol!!

But the alternative is waiting to board surrounded by hen and stag parties on their way to Benidorm.
    Most of whom will already have downed a few pints in the bar!
    Point taken.
    But still, it's worth keeping in mind Edward's statement above (and its context), when thinking that having a bizjet is a bed of roses...

Good Friday update from Cala DOr - its bloody miserable here! Woke up to rain this morning and its not really improved since - thick cloud and windy - the sea stare at the entrance to Cala DOr has to be seen to be believed!

We are sat in our apartment with the heating on and windows shut listening to people on BBC Radio 2 taking about arranging bbqs.

Happy Days

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast