Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Matsuetec HP33a

Default Re: Matsuetec HP33a

Quote Originally Posted by drew silverwitch View Post
    I tried Amazon and as it was more than 30 days they refused, I believe this is another difference with Amazon market place that is not made very clear. The Amazon 123 guarantee is only 30 days anyway
    The last item I got refunded was 2 years old, but had a 5 year warranty. Amazon refunded immediately.

I tried Amazon and as it was more than 30 days they refused, I believe this is another difference with Amazon market place that is not made very clear. The Amazon 123 guarantee is only 30 days anyway
    Amazon Marketplace items should have a guarantee for at least 6 months, according to this page - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/cus...deId=201819160

That's very kind of you could I get in touch after the Easter break
    Sure. PM me. I need to try to suck my collection of waypoints out of it, then it will be free for dismantling.
    "Seamen are always wanting to do things the proper way; and I like to do them my way."

I have had a matsutec hp 33a for about four years, it worked very well , never a problem. Now it starts up does the memory test, invokes the master program which shows the logo then turns off. I can't get beyond that. There is at least 12.8 volts all this time the unit powers up. So I presume the unit is the problem. like others say matsutec require me to return it to China for diagnosis. For which they will charge as it is out of warranty. fair enough but it's cheaper to buy a new one!

Before buying their updated model I was wondering if any one has any suggestions.thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nick@dwyer.ie View Post
    I have had a matsutec hp 33a for about four years, it worked very well , never a problem. Now it starts up does the memory test, invokes the master program which shows the logo then turns off. I can't get beyond that. There is at least 12.8 volts all this time the unit powers up. So I presume the unit is the problem. like others say matsutec require me to return it to China for diagnosis. For which they will charge as it is out of warranty. fair enough but it's cheaper to buy a new one!

Before buying their updated model I was wondering if any one has any suggestions.thanks
    Ours did this briefly in spring after being off all winter. After a few times of starting it up again, it stayed on longer each time and after a few hours it was all fine and hasn't done it once since then. Perhaps some capacitor issue. Give it a few more tries and see if it stays on longer - might just work.

Quote Originally Posted by nick@dwyer.ie View Post

Is it possible that the screen brightness was accidentally turned right down. I had a dark screen but new the unit was still working as it was providing GPS and ais to info to Tablet and repeater instruments... Similar symptoms caused by same button being used to turn it off.....
    Now Sailing Bluenote II Hanse 301 based Y Felinheli Dock.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12