Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Small/thin washing machine

id like to try and get a washing machine (proper one not a plastic twin tub) in the crew cabin.
    Thing is the access is very tight. Ideally it would go into the crew cabin head compartment but the door access is only 385mm.

I don't mind taking it to bits a bit (case off etc) and I have seen this discussed.
    Ive found a hotpoint which is 400mm wide (https://www.hotpoint.co.uk/h/laundry...-white/f087755) but I dont know if there would be 15mm in the casing if it were dismantled. Also top loading might be a squeeze.

Anyone found a very very small machine for such a hole.
    Free supercharging Tesla referral code http://ts.la/jez9763

Default Re: Small/thin washing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Whitelighter View Post
    Ive found a hotpoint which is 400mm wide
    You mean 400mm deep, I suppose?
    I also refitted the crew cabin as laundry/storage after buying the DP, and also Ms.MM wanted a 400mm deep washing machine.
    So, knowing that the removal of its porthole was going to be sufficient to pass through a 390mm aperture, I bought it, in the hope that removing the door frame was going to do the trick.
    In fact, eventually that allowed a further 30mm or so space in total - just perfect for bringing the thing inside, without dismantling anything from the machine.

YMMV, though: even if the crew door width was practically identical to yours, I'm sure sure that in my boat it was custom made, as all other internal doors. So, no guarantee that you will find a similar hidden space inside the frame in your boat.
    Otoh, I'd be very surprised if a 385mm opening with the frame on wouldn't become at least 400mm after its removal...

Order online and you have 14 days to send it back .....

Quote Originally Posted by MapisM View Post
    You mean 400mm deep, I suppose?
    I also refitted the crew cabin as laundry/storage after buying the DP, and also Ms.MM wanted a 400mm deep washing machine.
    So, knowing that the removal of its porthole was going to be sufficient to pass through a 390mm aperture, I bought it, in the hope that removing the door frame was going to do the trick.
    In fact, eventually that allowed a further 30mm or so space in total - just perfect for bringing the thing inside, without dismantling anything from the machine.

YMMV, though: even if the crew door width was practically identical to yours, I'm sure sure that in my boat it was custom made, as all other internal doors. So, no guarantee that you will find a similar hidden space inside the frame in your boat.
    Otoh, I'd be very surprised if a 385mm opening with the frame on wouldn't become at least 400mm after its removal...
    2 things: yes I mean 400mm wide (see link - its tall and thin but still 600mm deep) and there is no frame on the door. its just a partition in the crew cabin, the door is over size so sits on the bulkhead, rather than in the frame. so the gap is 385mm and it isnt going to get any wider.

Ops, I didn't check the link before posting my reply, sorry.
    And I actually assumed from your post ref. top loading that you didn't want it - something my wife would agree wholeheartedly...
    Why not consider a 400mm deep front loading machine, then? Ours can handle up to 7Kg and 1300rpm, even if reduced in depth.

I see the point ref. the fixed opening, but as I said when I bought that model (I can ask swmbo more details if you're interested) I checked that the front porthole removal would have been a good alternative for going through the opening.

Hi P,

Yep 400mm deep (well 385mm) front loader would be fine but I cant find any. Just 440,450,490 etc).

Any details you have of the one you bought or considered would be much appreciated

J

Swmbo confirmed that this is it. Her status can be checked via BT app, btw.
    Obviously a solution to a first world problem, but a feature that swmbo appreciates nonetheless!

PS: we installed it during the 2017 refitting, and it has been regularly used since then - so far so good.

Quote Originally Posted by MapisM View Post
    Swmbo confirmed that this is it. Her status can be checked via BT app, btw.
    Obviously a solution to a first world problem, but a feature that swmbo appreciates nonetheless!

PS: we installed it during the 2017 refitting, and it has been regularly used since then - so far so good.
    We have the same machine, very happy with it. Don’t use the dryer often but it gets things clean and has a super fast 15 minute setting. Works perfectly on a 2000w inverter if you need it to.

Can’t seem Tom find it for same outside of Italy

Even the candy website denies its existence

Quote Originally Posted by Whitelighter View Post
    Can’t seem Tom find it for same outside of Italy

Even the candy website denies its existence
    I’ll check with Ancasta and see where Lagoon source them....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast