Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Wanted - 38' Flybridge

After 3+ happy years we decided to put our boat on the market, expecting it to take 12+ months to sell. To our dismay, it appears to have sold in the first week. This means we're in the market for a new boat.

We're looking for a 38' flybridge - with a Princess 38 or a Fairline Phantom 38 our preferred weapons of choice. If anyone knows of any likely to come on the market - please let me know

DW

Default Re: Wanted - 38' Flybridge

Other boats I’d put on the list (or at least go have a look at) would be:

Rodman 38
    Cranchi Atlantique 40
    Free supercharging Tesla referral code http://ts.la/jez9763

Quote Originally Posted by Whitelighter View Post
    Other boats I’d put on the list (or at least go have a look at) would be:

Rodman 38
    Cranchi Atlantique 40
    Thanks - Just been looking...at first sight both look like very plausible alternatives - though my sleuthing is slightly hampered by the lack of photography skills of so many boat brokers - that I am struggling to get to grips with the flybridge layouts.

Re: Cranchi Atlantique - as far as I can tell there is no 'proper' table - so would not be able to easily eat on the fb - is that correct?

DW

rodman 38 FB:

The Cranchi 40:

The cranchi has a very 'med' flybridge. mine is the same, no table but lots of sun lounging. I think this is because frankly its often too hot to eat without shade so you dine in the cockpit (where also its not a total pain in the arse to drag stuff up from the galley). Even on the Phantom 38 you take food from galley, up steps through saloon, through cockpit, up more steps to windy rocky table at the back of the FB.

OK for snacks, not so great for dinner. You might do it once or twice. The Phantom 38 does have a very small cockpit though comparatively. The Cranchi is much bigger and more suitable for dining, but the fly bridge layout would not be my choice either to be honest.

What about also the Azimut 39? A good boat but not common.
    Free supercharging Tesla referral code http://ts.la/jez9763

Thanks Jez - we will add the Rodman to the list.

Re: Azimut 39 - we would be keeping the boat in SW UK. They all seem to be on Cats and Cummins, and I'm a bit nervous (perhaps unnecessarily?) about maintenance.

Thanks FP - looks nice, but seems a bit toppy price wise. Obvs the market will decide if that is the case or not

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyWoo View Post
    After 3+ happy years we decided to put our boat on the market, expecting it to take 12+ months to sell. To our dismay, it appears to have sold in the first week. This means we're in the market for a new boat.

We're looking for a 38' flybridge - with a Princess 38 or a Fairline Phantom 38 our preferred weapons of choice. If anyone knows of any likely to come on the market - please let me know

DW
    Sadly your in a price and size bracket that barely exists , both myself and another forum member are quite keen on your preferred models, the Princess 38 wasn’t made in big numbers because it just didn’t sell very well, soon after the 40 took over as it had 2 heads and more space for very little extra length . I missed a good one in Plymouth last year , wish I’d have gone for it now .
    There is less stock coming on the market now I’d guess the price of new boats in that size are way out the reach of the new comer to boating or people upgrading . Good luck with your search , if you do find anything I’d keep it quiet.