Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VisitMyHarbour

Default VisitMyHarbour

I gather lots of us speak highly of the package. I'm advised I can install this into a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 without an SD card facility.

Any encouragements or no-nos...?

Default Re: VisitMyHarbour

Yes I’ve got that exact setup. Works perfectly.
    Graham. Bavaria 42 Vision, "Scala"

I have the YMH package with Marine Navigator App on a Lenovo tablet. It was incredibly low cost. Battery life is very good. Day light reading of the screen is poor. Raster charts are “reassuring” compared to Vector (imho). The App is pretty basic and not very intuitive to use but overall it’s a valuable resource for me. I use it as a back-up on my own boat (which has Vector charting) and, since retiring, I find myself on a number of other boats quite frequently.

Been using for several years. Detail better than Navionics and reassuringly doesn't vary with zoom. However tides and currents on Navionics have proved very useful e.g. for slack tide round Portland Bill. Prefer Navionics for log, Marine Navigator for tricky short range work e.g missing Pierre au Vraic. So have both on Samsung Andriod. Not totally spoilt, it was Decca through the Swinge in a fog once, and 10 minute fixes into Caminares.
    Last edited by harry potter; 20-04-19 at 07:53. Reason: Typo
    For whatever we lose,(like a you, or a me)
    It's always ourself We find in the sea.

Quote Originally Posted by zoidberg View Post
    I gather lots of us speak highly of the package. I'm advised I can install this into a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 without an SD card facility.

Any encouragements or no-nos...?
    I have been using the Visit My Harbour chart packages with the Marine Navigator app for 4 years now as my main chart plotter. You can load the charts onto two devices for one payment so you can have a backup. One of my tablets is an old Nexus 7inch with no SD card and only 8GB of storage with no problems.

Www.solocoastalsailing.co.uk

That sounds unanimous, thanks. I'll get on and buy into the system....

I do not think you will regret it. Us geriatrics have tried the patience of VMH to the enth degree and not found them wanting (office Cowes). But Navionics has its plus side too.
    For whatever we lose,(like a you, or a me)
    It's always ourself We find in the sea.

I also use Navionics, there are some aspects of that I greatly prefer eg syncing routes across pc, phone and tablet.
    Graham. Bavaria 42 Vision, "Scala"

Quote Originally Posted by Scala View Post
    I also use Navionics, there are some aspects of that I greatly prefer eg syncing routes across pc, phone and tablet.
    I use Marine Navigator app and also sync my routes across 3 devices by using Google Drive and the Drivesync app. I do like Navionics but it did not have AIS (although i understand there is now a solution)

Www.solocoastalsailing.co.uk
    Last edited by Plum; 21-04-19 at 20:06.

Have been using VMH on several ancient old laptops since its launch.
    Still used as a back up to some far more sophisticated stuff aboard my Mobo.
    Ideal for some of the North Kent creeks, where the zoom can be used to fill screen to follow the rillway when going in early.
    ie. Conyer and Faversham.
    Still using original GPS USB receiver but really must fork out for some more up to date charts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast