Default Used sunseeker advice badly needed

Hi. I am very keen on buying a used sunseeker superhawk 34. It will be ideal for my needs now I have moved to Singapore in that it is a very open boat, small cabin for overnighting, good quality, goes quickly and strong brand. Also prices come off a lot and can buy one in good condition for around £65,000 for 2003 year with less 500 hours on Volvo duo prop 300 engines. Am I totally mad to consider buying such an old boat? I plan to spend around 30-60k fully renovating such as interior, fit small air conditioning in cabin, sorting out the hull (sanding and polishing), full over haul of engines, new navigation equipment etc.

I am struggling to find a similar more modern boat as all new ones have huge interiors which I donít need. Also I can get a lot for my money buy going for the superhawk and updating. All my previous boats have been new sea rays but I find new boats lacking character or fitting my needs. Any advice would be hugely appreciated!!!

Thank you.

Default Re: Used sunseeker advice badly needed

I bought a 1994 boat.

If you are mad what am I....
    Free supercharging Tesla referral code http://ts.la/jez9763

Donít underestimate refurb costs and donít overestimate itís value post refurb !

Hi there,
    If your happy with the boats hull, and there is no sign of osmosis, then I do not see what the problem would be. We own a 1992 Sunseeker San Remo that we brought last year. She has Kad42's with outdrives, which were overhauled by the previous owner. We could have got a more expensive newer boat, but wanted to keep the costs down with regards to getting a 35ft twin engined boat within our budget so realised older would be better for us. We refitted new chart plotter, New radar system, New Radios, and got her re-upholstered and now she runs just fine. So if you happy with the look of the boat and know what your getting into then go for it.

Good choice. Cheaper than a VW Golf in Singapore and a lot more fun. You would need to buy locally- shipping it across the world would be super expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Proctoa View Post
    Any advice would be hugely appreciated!!!
    My advice remains the same as in this other identical thread...