Default Used sunseeker superhawk 34

I am considering buying a 2003 sunseeker superhawk for using in Singapore where I have recently moved.

Boat would be ideal for my needs as open, small cabin for overnighting, fast, good handling, doesn’t look too dated and strong make. I can exceed length of 39ft due to mooring restrictions. I can buy a good example for around 65k and happy to spend similar amount again fully renovating with engine total overhaul, interior and exterior uplift, full hull restore (Sanding and polishing), new navigation equipment and fitting of small air conditioning unit in cabin etc.

I think this boat is a real classic and I can make look great again by doing the above and get another 10 year plus out of her. I have had new sea rays in the past and find new boats in the 37ft category have too big an interior and are glorified caravans or are too generic. Not what I need or like. I’d also like to have bit of a project.

Am I being totally mad with my approach? Any advice and suggestions would be hugely appreciated!

Default Re: Used sunseeker superhawk 34

Sunseeker have been known to do a compete refurbishment of old models, though don't know if this is off their own bat or to order.
    Only know this as I noticed a Portofino 31 that they had done a few years ago......( I owned one at the time)

You are not mad , sounds good .
    There’s quite a following of classic “ do er uppers “ here in the Cote D Azur from villa owners looking for a nice day boat .
    Take a look at the Monti Carlo range or even an Itama 38 - if it fits - just ?

In cool stakes I,ll leave it up to you to decide

7511B1B8-9512-4B5B-823D-7F6F7C122BFB.jpeg

Ripping round in one of theses will turn heads - note the speed numbers too

Plenty of yards in Italy will do any restoration work on theses and sunseekers
    I don’t know much about local yards in Singapore- sorry .

Exceptionally helpful. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Proctoa View Post
    I can buy a good example for around 65k and happy to spend similar amount again fully renovating with engine total overhaul, interior and exterior uplift, full hull restore (Sanding and polishing), new navigation equipment and fitting of small air conditioning unit in cabin etc.
    Either that, or you might consider spending much less and just enjoy the boat.
    Check out this freshwater only boat, and you'll see what I mean.

My first boat was a Superhawk 34, amazing boats - tremendous handling and super fast, so one can cover large distances v quickly, reasonably comfortable and great outdoor space. Go for it, you'll have a lot of fun! (though, as Mapism says, you can probably get a lovely one for under €100k without having to spend tonnes fixing up etc)

Fantastic. Thanks. Really good to know.