Thread: Lobster pots

Default Lobster pots

Look out for a cluster of lobster pot level with the Naze tower. They look like plastic milk cartons and are not easy to spot.

Default Re: Lobster pots

Chances are they WERE milk cartons
    Pardon?

They have been in previous years.

We make a point of heading way on beyond the naze and hit the yacht route much further out from Harwich or if the weather conditions are decent come down to displacement speed and keep a sharp look out. At least they are 4 pint rather than 2 pint

At least you have some chance of spotting those, there was- probably still is - a very old round buoy about the size of a small football completely black with weed and only about half of it above water, that I have seen in that vicinity over the years. Now I have two vulnerable propellors I stay well out towards the Medusa before turning into the Wallet coming from Harwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Leighb View Post
    At least you have some chance of spotting those, there was- probably still is - a very old round buoy about the size of a small football completely black with weed and only about half of it above water, that I have seen in that vicinity over the years. Now I have two vulnerable propellors I stay well out towards the Medusa before turning into the Wallet coming from Harwich.
    Talking of Medusa. Last year and the year previous there was a cluster of about 20 or so black pot markers the size of footballs around the Medusa buoy. so beware they may be back this year. Hard to see as well.

The other favourite is the water cooler bottles that come off office water coolers. Absolutely invisible until within 25 meters!
    Electrician In Ipswich & Southwold Yard
    Custom Panels, Eberspacher/Webasto, ECU Remapping